Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture DENIED

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Venture DENIED

Applied for venture last night around 11:40 PM PST, instantly denied?? 760+ on all three CR (Fico8) utilization below 5%, no derogatory at all....

What gives?! The only thing I can think of is how I have Security freezes on all my CR... but I received no call just a flat denial. Smiley Surprised
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture DENIED

I think that's the reason, in my opinion.

Edit: image.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
Applied for venture last night around 11:40 PM PST, instantly denied?? 760+ on all three CR (Fico8) utilization below 5%, no derogatory at all....

What gives?! The only thing I can think of is how I have Security freezes on all my CR... but I received no call just a flat denial. Smiley Surprised

I'm sorry for the denial but to me applying for a CapOne card with all 3 CRAs frozen makes no sense.  I'm sure you know that they pull all 3.  Should have just taken the freeze off  yourself prior to applying and then put the freezes back on after a decision.  Not sure what you were expecting.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

I'm sorry for the denial but to me applying for a CapOne card with all 3 CRAs frozen makes no sense.  I'm sure you know that they pull all 3.  Should have just taken the freeze off  yourself prior to applying and then put the freezes back on after a decision.  Not sure what you were expecting.

+1

Message 4 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

+1 cap one isnt a company to say please unfreeze x and y bureau..  Sounds like you were trying to avoid a triple pull and expected them to sasy unfreeze X CRA for a single pull.. Cap1 doesn't play that way.

Message 5 of 14
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the confusion... I have a ID fraud alert meaning they have to verify it was me that applied, they pulled my CR cause I just pulled my CCT and all three had the HP dated 03/25. On the Fraud alert it says :

"#HK#EFCRA EXTENDED FRAUD ALERT: ACTION MAY BE REQUIRED UNDER FCRA BEFORE OPENING OR MODIFYING AN ACC.
OUNT. CONTACT CONSUMER AT (xxx)xxx-xxxx."
Wasn't trying to avoid a HP Smiley Happy, Citi called to verify it was me using the number on the Fraud alert

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:

Sorry for the confusion... I have a ID fraud alert meaning they have to verify it was me that applied, they pulled my CR cause I just pulled my CCT and all three had the HP dated 03/25. On the Fraud alert it says :

"#HK#EFCRA EXTENDED FRAUD ALERT: ACTION MAY BE REQUIRED UNDER FCRA BEFORE OPENING OR MODIFYING AN ACC.
Wasn't trying to avoid a HP Smiley Happy, Citi called to verify it was me using the number on the Fraud alert

Call Cap1 and explain.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:

Yes, certainly different than what we thought from your first post. Just follow the advice from donny10 and call them.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience from the past, Cap One doesn't play the fraud alert game, they just flat out deny you.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

Ditto!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.