android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Venture app question?

@Anonymous wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:
I dont know to me it sounds like chase with their question of have you ever files bankruptcy or defaulted or something.

Or barclays asking if you are going to use this card for cash advances. I think it will still depend on report since the computer will see it anyways.

Skye, they are not required fields on the app, just added info they're interested in.

If I answered, I put $3000 month in CC's, yes i'm interested in balance transfers, yes i often carry balances, and yes I want AU's on the account...It seems that would be looked at in a positive way by CapOne.

@I agree with this assumption @Anonymous -x.  The reason being I applied for the Sparks 2 weeks ago and said no, I wasn't interested in Balance transfer, don't carry a balance ..blah..blah.  I was approved for $5k and then I closed it 20 minutes later.

For the venture last week, I said I carried a balance, wanted checks, wanted a balance transfer and all the negatives CAP 1 likes and I got approved for 20k.  Go figure.  Although YMMV.

Well, I'm screwed then.  I said that I don't ever carry a balance, don't want checks, and dont want a balance transfer.  I applied last Sunday and got the 7-10 day deal.  They pulled all three CRA's today.  No news yet.  

@android01,

With your scores I hope not.  I really don't understand CAP 1 myself.  I am beginning to think their products are geared towards "a certain type of group within a certain criteria" because it just doesn't make any sense.  I now know some people refuse to have CAP 1 in their pockets.

I think you're right about a certain profile, and I'm afraid that I probably don't meet those criteria.  If I get denied, your theory will likely have been proven correct! Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:
I dont know to me it sounds like chase with their question of have you ever files bankruptcy or defaulted or something.

Or barclays asking if you are going to use this card for cash advances. I think it will still depend on report since the computer will see it anyways.

Skye, they are not required fields on the app, just added info they're interested in.

If I answered, I put $3000 month in CC's, yes i'm interested in balance transfers, yes i often carry balances, and yes I want AU's on the account...It seems that would be looked at in a positive way by CapOne.

@I agree with this assumption @Anonymous -x.  The reason being I applied for the Sparks 2 weeks ago and said no, I wasn't interested in Balance transfer, don't carry a balance ..blah..blah.  I was approved for $5k and then I closed it 20 minutes later.

For the venture last week, I said I carried a balance, wanted checks, wanted a balance transfer and all the negatives CAP 1 likes and I got approved for 20k.  Go figure.  Although YMMV.

Well, I'm screwed then.  I said that I don't ever carry a balance, don't want checks, and dont want a balance transfer.  I applied last Sunday and got the 7-10 day deal.  They pulled all three CRA's today.  No news yet.  

@android01,

With your scores I hope not.  I really don't understand CAP 1 myself.  I am beginning to think their products are geared towards "a certain type of group within a certain criteria" because it just doesn't make any sense.  I now know some people refuse to have CAP 1 in their pockets.

I think you're right about a certain profile, and I'm afraid that I probably don't meet those criteria.  If I get denied, your theory will likely have been proven correct! Smiley Happy

@android01,

Definately keep us posted and will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Message 12 of 24
OffToBetterStart
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

I really want to test that hypothesis in a month or two to see what happens. I don't think I've ever selected checks or really answered a lot of those questions on any of my CapOne apps. 

@Popa,

Kindly report back if that theory works.  Because Why I approve me for $5000 a week ago and then 20k the next week?  Doesn't make sense.

Just wondering myself if the 5k and 20k approvals was for same card?  I ask because in december i applied for venture 1 and got 5k then in feburary i applied for venture and got 10k . As far as the questions i didnt answer none on venture 1 and then on venture i only answered the one how much do you spend a month and i replied with 3k a month the rest i didnt even bother to answer.

NFCU Cash Rewards $10,000 -Cap 1 Venture $10,750 - Care Credit $7,000 - Cap 1 Quicksilver $5,000 - Cap 1 Venture 1 $5,000 - Barclays Arrival $6,150 - Barclay Rewards $3,190 -Cap 1 Quicksilver $6,000 - Walmart $700
BK7 Discharge 1/04/2013
Current Scores EX (657) EQ (671) TU (644)
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OffToBetterStart wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

I really want to test that hypothesis in a month or two to see what happens. I don't think I've ever selected checks or really answered a lot of those questions on any of my CapOne apps. 

@Popa,

Kindly report back if that theory works.  Because Why I approve me for $5000 a week ago and then 20k the next week?  Doesn't make sense.

Just wondering myself if the 5k and 20k approvals was for same card?  I ask because in december i applied for venture 1 and got 5k then in feburary i applied for venture and got 10k . As far as the questions i didnt answer none on venture 1 and then on venture i only answered the one how much do you spend a month and i replied with 3k a month the rest i didnt even bother to answer.

No.  the 5k approval was for the Sparks business card and the 20k for the Venture.  I am leaning towards CAP1 wanting balance transfers and those goodies..

Message 14 of 24
bobbay
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

i guess i answered every question wrong.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 15 of 24
NRB525
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

@android01,

That is a strange result to get a 7-10 message with your scores.

Do you have a Capital One credit card that you are currently using?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 16 of 24
android01
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

@android01,

That is a strange result to get a 7-10 message with your scores.

Do you have a Capital One credit card that you are currently using?

I have what is now a Capital One card - a GM Mastercard - which used to be HSBC as of a year or two ago.  I've had it since 1992.  The only love it gets is an $8 Netflix charge every month to keep it active.  I've never applied for a Capital One card proper, other than this Venture card - where I'm still in limbo.....

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 17 of 24
android01
Valued Contributor

HAHAHA! Smiley Very Happy  I just decided to hit the love button on my Capital One GM card which had a CL of 14K, (my lowest) that I've had since 1992. For the first time - ever - they raised it to 17.5K!  If they raised it for me after 23 years, you know something's happening with them if I get a CLI....Smiley Surprised 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@android01 wrote:

HAHAHA! Smiley Very Happy  I just decided to hit the love button on my Capital One GM card which had a CL of 14K, (my lowest) that I've had since 1992. For the first time - ever - they raised it to 17.5K!  If they raised it for me after 23 years, you know something's happening with them if I get a CLI....Smiley Surprised 

Wowwwzaa.. Congrats!! I think you will get the other card also.

Message 19 of 24
android01
Valued Contributor

I got the email tonight that I've been approved for 30K.  Looks like they chose a number between my highest reported CL of 45K and the next highest of 25K.  I'm happy and I'll take it!  The spend for the 40,000 points will be done in a week or two. Smiley Very Happy  The approval email  from Cap One also showed up in my junk email box, so for those that are waiting, please check your junk email.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.