Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture app question?

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Venture app question?

While I was looking over the Venture app online, has anybody been filling out the boxes where it asks:

How much do you spend on CC's a month?

Would you be interested in balance transfers?

Do you carry balances on your CC accts?

How many authorized users would you want?

Seems like if you answered in a positive way in their eyes, it may increase your chances of approval, higher CLI's?

Anybody filling these boxes out? 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Venture app question?

I dont know to me it sounds like chase with their question of have you ever files bankruptcy or defaulted or something.

Or barclays asking if you are going to use this card for cash advances. I think it will still depend on report since the computer will see it anyways.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 24
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
I dont know to me it sounds like chase with their question of have you ever files bankruptcy or defaulted or something.

Or barclays asking if you are going to use this card for cash advances. I think it will still depend on report since the computer will see it anyways.

Skye, they are not required fields on the app, just added info they're interested in.

If I answered, I put $3000 month in CC's, yes i'm interested in balance transfers, yes i often carry balances, and yes I want AU's on the account...It seems that would be looked at in a positive way by CapOne.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

Skye, they are not required fields on the app, just added info they're interested in.

If I answered, I put $3000 month in CC's, yes i'm interested in balance transfers, yes i often carry balances, and yes I want AU's on the account...It seems that would be looked at in a positive way by CapOne.

@I agree with this assumption @Anonymous -x.  The reason being I applied for the Sparks 2 weeks ago and said no, I wasn't interested in Balance transfer, don't carry a balance ..blah..blah.  I was approved for $5k and then I closed it 20 minutes later.

For the venture last week, I said I carried a balance, wanted checks, wanted a balance transfer and all the negatives CAP 1 likes and I got approved for 20k.  Go figure.  Although YMMV.

Message 4 of 24
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

@I agree with this assumption @Anonymous -x.  The reason being I applied for the Sparks 2 weeks ago and said no, I wasn't interested in Balance transfer, don't carry a balance ..blah..blah.  I was approved for $5k and then I closed it 20 minutes later.

For the venture last week, I said I carried a balance, wanted checks, wanted a balance transfer and all the negatives CAP 1 likes and I got approved for 20k.  Go figure.  Although YMMV.

Well, I'm screwed then.  I said that I don't ever carry a balance, don't want checks, and dont want a balance transfer.  I applied last Sunday and got the 7-10 day deal.  They pulled all three CRA's today.  No news yet.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

Well, I'm screwed then.  I said that I don't ever carry a balance, don't want checks, and dont want a balance transfer.  I applied last Sunday and got the 7-10 day deal.  They pulled all three CRA's today.  No news yet.  

@android01,

With your scores I hope not.  I really don't understand CAP 1 myself.  I am beginning to think their products are geared towards "a certain type of group within a certain criteria" because it just doesn't make any sense.  I now know some people refuse to have CAP 1 in their pockets.

Message 6 of 24
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

I really want to test that hypothesis in a month or two to see what happens. I don't think I've ever selected checks or really answered a lot of those questions on any of my CapOne apps. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

I really want to test that hypothesis in a month or two to see what happens. I don't think I've ever selected checks or really answered a lot of those questions on any of my CapOne apps. 

@Popa,

Kindly report back if that theory works.  Because Why I approve me for $5000 a week ago and then 20k the next week?  Doesn't make sense.

Message 8 of 24
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Well, I app'd for the Venture shortly after i made this thread, and was instant approved for $10k.

I answered 2/4 of the additional info questions.  After reading your post Yes-its-you, I should've answered all 4 that may have looked more appealing to them.

How much do you spend in CC's a month?  $3000

Are you intereted in balance transfers?  Yes

How many AU's do you want?  (left blank)

Do you carry balances on your CC accts?  (left blank)

Oh, I forgot about the 'Do you want checks for cash advances?"  That could be looked at as a negative by them, idk?  I left it blank as well.

Maybe I coulda got $15k or more if I had answered the other 2 questions in favor of CapOne.  I'm happy with what I got after my AA/CLD debacle of $32k last month.

My 2 oldest accts are with CapOne, a $15k and $10k line.  $0 balances when app'd and PIF 95% of the time.  Don't know if that was considered at all by the computer.

Message 9 of 24
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

@Popa,

Kindly report back if that theory works.  Because Why I approve me for $5000 a week ago and then 20k the next week?  Doesn't make sense.

I'm taking a break from the apps but I think that is one exception I'll make to the rule in the name of credit science. Let's just say though it won't be a triple pull then either and if denied again, no bothering with the EO that time either. March 11 or 12 is when I might try it since it will be 30 days after the recon attempt if they count that and I really hope they don't count the new HPs either which I'm going to dispute and get those off. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.