Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture temptation - Update 06/05

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Venture temptation - Update 06/05

My first credit card app in the USA was Cap1, they denied me for QS for no credit history (02/14). I said that I'll never apply for Cap1 due to 3 HP (didn't know about HP or credit in the USA back then). Started my credit history 03/14 with BoA and Discover.

Couple of weeks ago I tried Cap1 pre-approval and it said that I can get a Venture at 17.9%. I said, now you want me eh? Smiley Tongue  Well, I just tried again and now they offer the Venture with 12.9%

I'm thinking about buying a car next month, so I think I'll pass. My biggest limit is 6k right now, next 3.5k. Maybe those limits will make my approval only go to 5k-10k. I want to get a couple of cards that can get over 10k this year and garden for 1 year or more until I get a mortgage.

Maybe after I get the car I'll go on a small spree, want a Chase card and transfer some limit to my Freedom to make it VS. Don't know if I'll ask for IHG or AARP. Or maybe wait until I get 3x on my Amex and it reports 18k. 

Update: got it 15K @ 12.9%

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Re: Venture temptation

what is your income?  You may not see that offer for 12.9 again for some time!!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@traveler2005 wrote:

what is your income?  You may not see that offer for 12.9 again for some time!!

I agree! That is a very good rate.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are you waiting for if it is a card you want?  You only live onceSmiley Tongue That is a good rate-

Message 4 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are you waiting for if it is a card you want?  You only live onceSmiley Tongue That is a good rate-

I only want the card to have my first 10k card here, I don't think that is good enough reason Smiley Tongue

I always put 50k as income, at the end of the year can be more or less.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it!!😁
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to Venture across the Atlantic lol 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great rate, great card & great SL's!  Why can't you get the card & the car?  Venture showing up on my reports didn't lower my score, it actually went up!

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I only want the card to have my first 10k card here, I don't think that is good enough reason Smiley Tongue

I always put 50k as income, at the end of the year can be more or less.

Oh Ok...  If that reason does not Knock your socks off then by all means refrain from apping.Smiley Happy  I guess you were just teasing us LOLSmiley Tongue

Message 9 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh Ok...  If that reason does not Knock your socks off then by all means refrain from apping.Smiley Happy  I guess you were just teasing us LOLSmiley Tongue

I don't like the 3 HP and I don't know how much that will change the car terms. I'm not teasing. I don't think there is a way to know for certain if they will approve me and if they do if the SL is going to be 10K. That makes me nervous. Sorry.

I'll keep thinking about apping. My Amex reported 27% util and it will report 9% on June 3rd. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.