Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria Secret (sct) worth it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Victoria Secret (sct) worth it?

I recently canceled my card. It started off with a $350 limit and took a year for me to get a cli to $750. I do like VS and used the card frequently but I realized that I didn't really want or need the card.

Sounds like it's not a card that you're crazy about getting
Message 11 of 19
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going to add my 2 cents as well! I personally love this card. The perks you get are awesome and it is a faster growing limit card. I app-ed for it when my credit was dismal and got a $250 limit. It reports monthly and is just worth it overall if you shop at VS (and Bath and Body Works because you can use the card there as well!) Smiley Happy

Wow I didn't know that. Good info!!

Thank you

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was excited to see that BBW's took VS cards!  However apparently not online they don't.  #wompwomp

I just got this card myself with a low limit but once I saw that the CLI comes quick and often I got excited.  However if I have to go to the mall to use it at BBW's that'll be like twice a year only since I stock up on my foam soaps etc usually at Christmas and MAAAYBE one other time during a 12 month period. 

Message 13 of 19
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To me, it sounds like this isn't a card you would use and definitely not one worth changing your AoAA to gain. I personally LOVE my VS card but I also shop there regularly...my niece and I have a mutual love for PINK apparel. We shop online and in store at least twice some times three times a month.

I would be buying the things any ways so it's a bonus to earn rewards, early invites to the sales and extra free stuff. I was approved in store for $250 in January and now I'm sitting at $1,050 but like I said I use it constantly. I carry about $100 balance on it and pay off the rest monthly. First increase at six months and 1 day. Second increase I believe was at exactly 61 days both were $400 increases each time. It grows for sure but from what I understand/have read, only if you use it regularly.

Good to know that regular usage helps with a CL increase. I suppose i will go shopping...lol !!

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds cool
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used my card very minimal & the limit went from $250 to now $1050. The card was opened last April.
Message 16 of 19
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Onthe27thday wrote:
I tried the shopping cart trick and got the pop up for $350. Should I take it? I would use it every now and then ... maybe. But I don't have any other store cards so not sure if it would help me at all. Any advice is appreciated.

Take what you can get.... 

Message 17 of 19
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Onthe27thday wrote:
I tried the shopping cart trick and got the pop up for $350. Should I take it? I would use it every now and then ... maybe. But I don't have any other store cards so not sure if it would help me at all. Any advice is appreciated.

Depends on what is your definition of 'worth it'. From your post it doesn't sound like it's a card that you absolutely would use and a $350 store credit card doesn't do much to help your overall credit profile or offset any downside to lowering your AAoA.

+1

Message 18 of 19
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Onthe27thday wrote:

Depends on what is your definition of 'worth it'. From your post it doesn't sound like it's a card that you absolutely would use and a $350 store credit card doesn't do much to help your overall credit profile or offset any downside to lowering your AAoA.

Irish is right, You seem to have a few nice cards with decent limits, so unless you are a heavy shopper at VS, i would not be thrilled to add it to my portfolio. 

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.