Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin America - comenity

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Virgin America - comenity

O ok. Wish I had tried that first.
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 11 of 33
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Oh yeah, just confirmed -- there is a pre-approval pop up for this card too and it only asked for last 4 digits of social and salary.  OOhh, I got all excited, but I exited out as I don't need another Comenity major bank card as that would of been #7.  Aside from the fact, there's an annual fee and they don't fly into/out of my home airport nor state -- OHIO

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 12 of 33
12njoy
Super Contributor

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  I got my denial letter today from Comenity.  I was denied due to too many inquiries (7).  I called to ask for reconsideration.  CSR stated that due to a 2003 BK they can't approve me EVER.  She said that due to the BK they will be unable to ever approve me.  My score was 980 on their scale of 1-999.  All I can say is UNBELIEVABLE again.  Oh well, I got my two Capital One cards in the mail right along with my denial letter from Comenity.  That lessened the bite a littleSmiley Mad  Now I know never to submit another Comenity application.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 13 of 33
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

That's crazy. I thought you had a Comenity card already.
Message 14 of 33
12njoy
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
That's crazy. I thought you had a Comenity card already.

I had the Meijer store card when it was under GE.  They then changed to Comenity and I closed it because I didn't think they would be as generous as GE and upgrade me to the Mastercard version.  I now have no store cards without the Mastercard/Visa/Discover/Amex logo's.  I closed the Tires Plus card too.  The csr said she even tried to have her supervisor override the denial and it wasnt possible.  I might just write a letter to Comenity since I took the hard pull anyway.  Plus how good they scored me 980/999.  That's the crazy part of all this.  If I had a low score, I wouldn't be bummed as much.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 15 of 33
12njoy
Super Contributor

And the new CITI Double Cash came today.  That was really quick.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 16 of 33
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah their reconsideration is mind boggling. I got an AKC card overturned after they hard pulled EQ but denied me because EX was on freeze. I called the EO number and explained to the CSR. I tried on my first Virgin America denial (cited for the same reason) and the EO told me EQ and EX talk to each other so it was denied. I don't know where they get their information. I filed a complaint with CFPB out of anger and they turned it over to the FCC. They did remove the inq though.
Message 17 of 33
12njoy
Super Contributor

I thought that they could only use a BK against you for 10 years?  I guess that's why the letter says denied due to inquiries.  I could also file a complaint with CFPB with the assumption that they are not making credit equally available?  A long shot.  I'll write them a letter and see what happens.  I'll google some head honcho and see what happens.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 18 of 33
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  I got my denial letter today from Comenity.  I was denied due to too many inquiries (7).  I called to ask for reconsideration.  CSR stated that due to a 2003 BK they can't approve me EVER.  She said that due to the BK they will be unable to ever approve me.  My score was 980 on their scale of 1-999.  All I can say is UNBELIEVABLE again.  Oh well, I got my two Capital One cards in the mail right along with my denial letter from Comenity.  That lessened the bite a littleSmiley Mad  Now I know never to submit another Comenity application.

I have 2 Comenity accounts: Virgin America and total rewards,I can't seen to get anymore with them,I got a 997 out of 999 and still got turned down for their other cards,Their recon dept is a joke,When asked how many Inq's are allowed: the response I get is,Its up to the credit breau's,what a dumb responseSmiley Mad

Message 19 of 33
12njoy
Super Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

I have 2 Comenity accounts: Virgin America and total rewards,I can't seen to get anymore with them,I got a 997 out of 999 and still got turned down for their other cards,Their recon dept is a joke,When asked how many Inq's are allowed: the response I get is,Its up to the credit breau's,what a dumb responseSmiley Mad

With this experience, I don't regret closing that Meijer store card when they bought the account from GE.  It was heading no where.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.