Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for Approval - Chase Freedom Unlimited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting for Approval - Chase Freedom Unlimited

It was a leap of faith, but I couldn't help myself...  I applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited 2 days ago.  Got the 30 day application pending notification online.  Called the number to check on my application and got the 7-10 day message.  They pulled Experian (my lowest FICO score 655) and TU (my highest FICO score of 733).  I had a Chase Card back in 2006-2008.  Closed in good standings.  The long holiday wait will kill me. 

I have read the threads here, and it seems there is no rhyme or reason to the wait times.  30 days can be approved, as well as 7-10 days...  I love surprises as long as they are positive.  Cross your fingers for me!

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Waiting for Approval - Chase Freedom Unlimited

7-10 generally means it is a denial unless it was sitting at 30 days or 2 weeks for awhile on the phone status line. If that was the case then it switches to 7-10 then it usually means some type of verification is needed. That is what I gathered so far. Still though best to wait until whatever comes to come then call up.

Message 2 of 10
sjt
Senior Contributor

Good Luck!

What is your credit profile like (utilization, current cards, baddies, etc.)

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

7-10 days is probably a denial. Interesting that they pulled your best and worst. You're not completely out for the count tho. Wait for the decision and then go for recon if denied!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current FICO 8 scores are

EX 655  2 medical collections due to fall off this Nov/Dec.

TU 733 No negative marks, just a thin file

EQ 678 2 Released (paid off) tax liens.

AU on fiancee's Cap1 Platinum with 11,200 CL, less than 5%  10 years old

My own credit builder QS1, applied for it before becoming an AU on Fiancee's card, so low 300 limit.  Due to increase next month

TU & EQ show an old closed in good standings Chase CC.  closed in 2008.

So I am currently waiting for the medical collections to fall off the Ex report.  But also trying to get more accounts open.  4-6 would be good.  My self lender account will be on my report within a few weeks.  That will give me 3 accounts. 

2 inquiries on all reports. 

Not really interested in a secured cc as I feel my scores are high enough to get better, and also, I am getting married in October, so my savings account is being used for that.  Not interested in running up a balance on my cc's, but I do want to have more to build my file. 

Considering NFCU.  My son is in the delayed entry program for the Army.  So I think I am eligible.  But there are no branches near me, so it would seem a hassle to have an extra bank account.  Currently I am with Golden1 whom I have read is very conservative.  So I have not considered applying through them yet. 

I don't want to go over 5 HP's, and I am currently at 2.  So I will take deep consideration before applying for anything else.  If denied the Chase, I will recon.  If still denied, I will garden for a bit longer, and just seek a CLI on my QS1.  Also will be convincing my Fiancee to change his Cap1 Platinum (the card I am an AU on)  to a QS, so we can get the rewards.  That is my ultimate goal anyways, and why I applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited. 

Message 5 of 10
sjt
Senior Contributor

I think your chances are good and if denied call for a recon.

On a side note:

You should call the CRA and ask for an early deletions on the collections.

Regarding the tax liens, are they Federal? If so, you can request a Withdrawal from the IRS. Also note that it may fall off on July 1st.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the hope @sjt.  :-)

If denied I will recon.  If that fails I will garden a bit longer.  No need to waste pulls. 

Sadly the tax liens are not going anywhere on EQ.  I disputed and TU & EX deleted them.  EQ refused to delete, and just modified them to show released. 

I will ask for EE in late summer, early fall for the med. collections on EX.  By then I will have several months with my self lender loan, and my score should rise a bit more.  Until then, I will just be hoping for good vibes with Chase.  :-)

Message 7 of 10
sjt
Senior Contributor

Keep us posted.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked the application number again today.  Still 7-10 days.  So I will wait for denial letter and recon.

Ironically the inquiries did not affect my scores.  I now have 2 pulls on TU & EX, and one on EQ.  My TU score went up to 753 this morning according to CCT.  They finally show the 5% utilization on my AU account.  So I am at 0 and 5% utiliization on my cards.  It was paid down b4 I applied, and appeared on 2 of the credit reports.  I didn't realize it hadn't showed up on TU.  Maybe that had an effect on the denial. They pulled TU & EX.  EX shows 2 OLD collections though.  So I am expecting that to be the problem. 

I will update when I get the letter and call for recon.

Message 9 of 10
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Checked the application number again today.  Still 7-10 days.  So I will wait for denial letter and recon.

Ironically the inquiries did not affect my scores.  I now have 2 pulls on TU & EX, and one on EQ.  My TU score went up to 753 this morning according to CCT.  They finally show the 5% utilization on my AU account.  So I am at 0 and 5% utiliization on my cards.  It was paid down b4 I applied, and appeared on 2 of the credit reports.  I didn't realize it hadn't showed up on TU.  Maybe that had an effect on the denial. They pulled TU & EX.  EX shows 2 OLD collections though.  So I am expecting that to be the problem. 

I will update when I get the letter and call for recon.

Dont assume it was a denial. Call this number to check status 888-270-2127.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.