Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI declined

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Walmart CLI declined

I clicked the "Request Incease" button online just as the FAQs say to do for a credit line increase on my Walmrt card and got a message "sorry for the inconvenience but this function is not available." I have always gotten an increase on my other Synchrony accounts by this method. So I looked up the backdoor numbers listed here and called the one listed as "personal account" under Walmart.  I don't think this was Credit Solutions or a Credit Analyst. She didn't ask any of the same detailed questions I've gotten from them before.  This woman spoke with a very heavy foreighn accent and asked me to repeat almost everything I said. She only asked the very basic of identifying questions and income, then put me on hold for almost 5 minutes. When she returned she said the CLI was denied and I would receive a letter of explanation in 10 days. Said she couldn't discuss anything.  When I've spoken with credit analysts before they have asked more questions at first, not usually put me on hold, and explained the reasons for denial or aprroval. Is no longer a good number? T he only thing bad I have going for me is about 30% utilzation on my cards and a 6 month old car loan.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart CLI declined

In the past GECRB credit solutions is the one to call. Lately getting a CLI through chat has worked better. Myself the only thing I have used is the CLI button every four months. I started with a $700 store card about four years ago.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 4
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

I didn't find a number for a Credit Solutions Department. I've had this Walmart store card for over 17 years. It started out at $700 but when GEMONEY took over it was dropped to $100. When they changed their named to GECRB it increased small amount, then in 2011 I started getting regular CLIs and I am up to $4500. This was the first time I tried the button on Walmart.  It has worked fine with Sam's now $8500 and Lowes $9000 with a CLI whenever I hit it. Not that often though. I just wanted a nice CLI for Christmas shopping.

Message 3 of 4
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

I had my Walmart card for about 10 months and I have never gotten a cli, even though I hit the button or call in. I pay on time and every other month I will pif, I never received an increase on any of my synchrony cards.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.