Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card approved

tag
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card approved

FloridaState12,

Yes I do have an income, I am currently employed and have been with the same company for the past 2 years (I am 23 years old). I am also currently a college student, not sure if that helps or not but they ask that on the app.

sweetschuni,

I have yet to get any response. I am thinking of just calling and seeing what the status is.

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 11 of 24
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Then it must be your lack of credit history hurting you. Because I'm only 20, a college student, and I've been at my job less than a year. I had a heck of a time getting my first card too. It's kinda stupid when you consider with these so-called "student" cards, often times you need a credit history...isn't that the whole point of the card? That you DON'T have a history? 

I digress. But I would try Cap1...that's who finally gave me my first card.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 24
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

I called walmart's credit card department and found out I was DECLINED! Smiley Sad

I just don't want to keep trying and hurting my score with inquiries so I am going to pause on applying for a while. I only have 2 inquiries right now but to me that is enough.

FloridaState you are right about the student cards, they kind of miss the whole point in someone who is in college trying to build a credit history. But what can I do, I will just get a secured card with BofA for now and work my way up from there.

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 13 of 24
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@ltorres25 wrote:

I called walmart's credit card department and found out I was DECLINED! Smiley Sad

I just don't want to keep trying and hurting my score with inquiries so I am going to pause on applying for a while. I only have 2 inquiries right now but to me that is enough.

FloridaState you are right about the student cards, they kind of miss the whole point in someone who is in college trying to build a credit history. But what can I do, I will just get a secured card with BofA for now and work my way up from there.

Aw man! I'm sorry to hear that. But I feelt ya...it took me over a year to finally get a dang credit card of my own. I would try and call for a recon at the very least. Explain to them that you're new to credit and need a card to start you off with.

Yeah I JUST got my first actual "student" card from a big bank last week when I got my Citi card. I'm telling you, try Cap1. Apply for an unsecured Classic Platinum Mastercard...if you don't get it, they'll usually counter-offer you a sucured card and I BELIEVE (someone else would have to confirm) that they use that same inquiry instead of a new one. 

I tihnk it'd be better to apply for an unsecured then get countered with a secured, rather than just settle for a secured immeditely. Again, I'm not entirely positive but I believe they would use the same inquiry for your secured card ans the unsecured one (assuming you don't get approved). You could always call and ask Cap1, I suppose. 

Regardless, good luck with whatever you decide! 

Photobucket
Message 14 of 24
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

When I was in college I didnt qualify for any student cards, I didn't get a credit card until I was a Junior in college, halfway to 18. I was turned down for a couple student cards but was approved for a regular discover card...go figure. Capital one seems to be the best for building history if you are unable to find anything else with limited history, and piling on hardpulls certainly does not help the situation. 

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 15 of 24
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Screw the "Love button".

I use the love button for a year, and went from $350 to $575 in one year.

I got fed up, and called the recon and told them Ive been faithful for a year, and im tired of these 34, 50, 75 dollars CLI's. 

he ask me what are you looking for.  I told him Im looking to at least dbl my credit line and be at around $1000, 

So he did something came back, and told me my new redit line would be $1200.

Screw "the love button" and call the back door number.

Wal-Mart 877-294-8770

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 24
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@terren2000 wrote:

Screw the "Love button".

I got fed up, and called the recon and told them Ive been faithful for a year, and im tired of these 34, 50, 75 dollars CLI's. 

he ask me what are you looking for.  I told him Im looking to at least dbl my credit line and be at around $1000, 

Wal-Mart 877-294-8770

I called a number (don't remember if that was it or not) and the lady said they needed my account number to do anything...which I don't know it yet. So I'm going to call back once I get my card and see.

I was going to say I want to buy a TV, so I need a higher limit...does that seem like maybe a risk to them? What "excuse" do you think I should give them for needing a CLI already? 

Photobucket
Message 17 of 24
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@terren2000 wrote:

Screw the "Love button".

Wal-Mart 877-294-8770

I called a number (don't remember if that was it or not) and the lady said they needed my account number to do anything...which I don't know it yet. So I'm going to call back once I get my card and see.

I was going to say I want to buy a TV, so I need a higher limit...does that seem like maybe a risk to them? What "excuse" do you think I should give them for needing a CLI already? 

I don't know about GEMB.

But: when I called BofA about a low limit after a card app, "Please cancel my account, due to the insultingly low limit" (I hadn't even activated the card yet), was a good enough reason for them to meet my request to match the CL on my other cards. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 18 of 24
mrcredit7
New Contributor

Just wondering.. i wanted to get a citi card...so are you saying they pulled your fico from TU b/c mine is 719..maybe I can get a $4k limit also.

Message 19 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

@mrcredit7 wrote:

Just wondering.. i wanted to get a citi card...so are you saying they pulled your fico from TU b/c mine is 719..maybe I can get a $4k limit also.

CITI's pulls depend on your location.

In MA i see that they pull EX

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.