Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MC triple pull?

tag
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Walmart MC triple pull?

I applied for Walmart MC online last week and got 7 to 10 day message and reference number. Pulled TU. Called the next day to find status and I talked to a couple different people who asked me ID questions but no answer. I see they pulled EQ and EX yesterday.....is this a good sign?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart MC triple pull?

Don't know.  Hope you are successful.  Only qualified for store card.  Hope this is not going to a new thing for Visa/MC/DC like Cap 1 with the triple pulls.  Will probably cut down on number of future apps if this continues to occur.

Message 2 of 11
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

I have never had Sync do this....it would be bad if it became the norm.

Message 3 of 11
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@IaBoy62 wrote:

I applied for Walmart MC online last week and got 7 to 10 day message and reference number. Pulled TU. Called the next day to find status and I talked to a couple different people who asked me ID questions but no answer. I see they pulled EQ and EX yesterday.....is this a good sign?

Wow triple pull, that's a new for syncrony

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 11
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@IaBoy62 wrote:

Depends.... did U get approved? If your app was borderline it is quite possible that in order to facilitate an approval addtl info (via other CRs) was necessary. While it isnt standard MO it is certainly within their discretion and does occassionally occur.

Message 5 of 11
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

@Existentialist wrote:

@IaBoy62 wrote:

Depends.... did U get approved? If your app was borderline it is quite possible that in order to facilitate an approval addtl info (via other CRs) was necessary. While it isnt standard MO it is certainly within their discretion and does occassionally occur.

Don't know yet...they say it's under review. I already have the store card with $5000 limit and Sam's with $8500 limit.

Message 6 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

I thought they only pulled TU. They pulled TU when I applied two months ago.

Ron.

Message 7 of 11
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

They double pulled me (EQ & TU) for the BP gas card in June! I got it though. Used to be only TU for me but the triple pull shocked me!

Message 8 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

@IaBoy62 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

They double pulled me (EQ & TU) for the BP gas card in June! I got it though. Used to be only TU for me but the triple pull shocked me!

As Stated borderline may be double or even tripled pulled. It is just rare. most cases they will just decline you. So i would check to see if approved up to now.

Message 9 of 11
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

NO DICE! I'll get a letter which will mention too many recent inquiries and new accounts. I will chill out with Synchrony and maybe they will offer me a VISA or MC on one of my current accounts. I hear Lowe's doen't have the VISA anymore

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.