Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Pre-Qual?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Pre-Qual?

OK, Got another letter but, before I threw it out, DW likes WM. I hate WM.

However, if I app, can you apply for the MC version, not the store? The letter gives few details

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart Pre-Qual?

I don't believe you get to choose. It's whatever they approve you for (if they approve you of course).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 17
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Not using the pre qual.  If its a pre qual for the store card its just for that.  Pre qual for MC version, itd be that one.

You can always apply online for the MC version =/  Risk not getting approved or getting a store card instead though for your HP.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

There doesn't appear to be an exclusice MC app so I'll pass. There is nothing appealing about a sub-$5K store card from a two-bit retailer

Message 4 of 17
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Try Sam's Club. Ithink you get 5% off gas,and 3% for dining.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closest Sam's is 25 miles. Already have Costco & old BJs

Message 6 of 17
ryox03
Regular Contributor

You can use their store card online to buy from other retailers. Example, I just used the site a couple of weeks ago to get a video card from tigerdirect. On top of that you get the price comparisons. 

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the initial app always a store card or is the MC a possibility?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't like Wal Mart's way of doing business but took their prequal card 13 months ago for $600 and now it's at $6000. Great for utilization.  Plus for selected health and beauty aids stuff that we cant get at Costco, and oddball non food items, we use it. I buy just odds and ends there foodwise.

If you had a Target prequal I would say forget it. But you can get a good limit out if Wal Mart if you go for clis every 4 months via chat.

Message 9 of 17
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the initial app always a store card or is the MC a possibility?

You'll be approved on the card U most qualify for.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.