Did you mean: 

Walmart Sync CLI DENIED....sad face

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Sync CLI DENIED....sad face

@BallBounces wrote:

@ShortBus wrote:
No. $507 reported. I can't stop the bleeding right now. Waiting for payday. Already made the payment for this statement too.

I'm under heavy artillery fire with all these high interest rates.

Your first priority should be paying down interest bearing  CC balances.

Your next priority would then be paying down interest bearing CC balances.

+1000.  Been there, done that.  Hard to get out from under high rates and high balances.  

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShortBus wrote:
When I request a CLI via chat, do they review my other credit account balances on a soft pull? If not, could I just pay this Walmart account off first to zero balance & then apply for CLI again?

Your scores are too low.You are lucky to have a card at all. Plus you don't want utilization on ANY of your accounts while you are in rebuilding stage over about 10-20% in order to raise your scores.

They look at your entire bureau during soft pulls. You have to take your highest REVOLVING limit into consideration when asking for a cli. 

Pay that card down immediately to $100 and never let more than that show up by your due date. Do not charge on that card or your Capital One cards from the due date till the day after your statement closes. Keep your secured card reported balance at no more than $30, The $500 limit card no more than $50.

Wait till you get a cli with Capital One and it reports before asking for a Wal Mart cli and ask for $1100. Hopefully by then your scores across the board will be around 650. 

If those Capital One cards break $1000, and you can get Wal Mart to $1100, then after another 4 months chat and ask for $2000.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShortBus wrote:
Account opened in May, 600 SL. Card is at 94% utilization. Heard on the forum a CLI through WalMart chat is a soft pull, and another member got a CLI in the thousands while his card was nearly maxed out.

Shooting for the stars with a bazooka, I asked for $25,000 CLI and said I'd be willing to take a lesser amount.

Walmart gave me the finger. West Side.

94% utilization si going to alarm them. Get the utilization down and you will get a different answer!

Plus, 94% utilization on a store card has to be killing you on interest. Don't do it!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores are too low. $25k seems wayyyy too high to ask when you have scores in the high 500s.

Wait and oay your cards down and use responsibly. 94% utilization is not good

Message 14 of 16
empiror22
Regular Contributor

swampy has it right.  your over extended.  You can't fix utility by getting more credit.  it should be fixed by paying it down then after a while ask for a CLI.  Creditors want to see responsible use of their cards.  High utility asking for more money is not high on their list, especially if you have high utility on other cards/accounts which they see via soft or hard pulls.

Message 15 of 16
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

I've had my Walmart card less than a year and have received 3 auto increases and 1 online requested increase. I started at a 1000 cal and now I am at $2200. My last increase was auto and was the biggest at $800 the other increases were around $100. I have found with Walmart that using the card a lot in a month and carrying a balance gets me an increase the next month. I have never been over 90% util but I was at around 75% until this last increase. So maybe just paying it down a little.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.