Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to pull trigger on AMEX SPG, Advice

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Want to pull trigger on AMEX SPG, Advice

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

I was instantly approved.  I gave in and submitted my app. $1,000 limit, I'll take it. Should receive card in 7-10 days. 

approval.jpg

Congratulations Smiley Happy Glad I was wrong.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

my post wasn't meant to disrespect but when people give difinitive answers on things that's aren't a definite then i just want you to realize the possibility is there. i felt OP had about a 60% chance so just keep in mind, unless it's 100% obvious and you would put 2 pay checks on it, try to refrain from difinitive answers.

Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I got my SPG with a 638 score, so there is always hope! Smiley Happy

Now get that spend bonus!!

Message 33 of 38
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations, OP!

Question:  I know that the sign up bonus for this card is the highest it's ever been, but what is so good about this card?  Is it even worth getting for someone who doesn't ever spend on hotel bookings?  Unless you spend at the SPG hotels, it seems earning points with this card would be ultra slow.  Am I missing something?

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

I was instantly approved.  I gave in and submitted my app. $1,000 limit, I'll take it. Should receive card in 7-10 days. 

approval.jpg

Congrats Outdoorstech, it is a great card!

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Absolution16 wrote:

Congratulations, OP!

Question:  I know that the sign up bonus for this card is the highest it's ever been, but what is so good about this card?  Is it even worth getting for someone who doesn't ever spend on hotel bookings?  Unless you spend at the SPG hotels, it seems earning points with this card would be ultra slow.  Am I missing something?

Since most of the excitement over this card surrounds its ability to help you earn SPG points faster on SPG stays (along with Gold/Platinum status), I cannot see how this card would be valuable for someone not regularly staying at these hotels. Additionally, there is a decent Annual fee attached. For these reasons, I think that if you are not interested in hotel stays, there are more efficient cards on the market than this. Still, others can chime in if they know of some angle that I do not know about.

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations OP! I'm glad you got it!
Message 37 of 38
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

@Absolution16 wrote:

Congratulations, OP!

Yes we seem to stay at  SPG properties on vacation and trips to NYC, etc.  I'm 90 min from NYC and BOS so we go to the cities alot and this will help with stays. 

Also they allow a large selection of airline transfer partner programs. If you prefer airline rewards to free hotel stays, you can transfer your Starpoints to several frequent flier programs. The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express has more than 30 airline partners (assume a 1:1 rate unless specified otherwise) If you choose to transfer Starpoints to miles, you may want to wait until you’ve accumulated at least 20,000. For every 20,000 points you transfer to a frequent flier program, you’ll receive an additional 5,000 Starpoints.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.