cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to add another credit card, looking for best options please.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanting to add another credit card, looking for best options please.

Hello all,

Right now I have three credit cards.  Credit score approximately 700 across all three bureaus.  Had Discover student for a year and a half, $2700 credit line, $0.  Just recently in the last two weeks applied for Discover It and was approved for $5500 SL and also applied and approved with Capital One Venture One for $10,000 SL.  I have those two hard inquires plus two more for private student loan applications.  A total of 4 with Transunion and 3 with Equifax.  I am wanting to apply for two more credit cards most likely before my Discover It reports to the bureaus with a balance.  

A few questions - any suggestions on high SL cards?  I want to add more cards now while my scores are good, because I am entering my final semester of my Bachelor Degree and need available credit to pay for school.  

Should I go with another Capital One card since I just was approved for a $10,000 SL?  Can I have 3 Discover cards or will they deny me or start me off with a lower SL?  I like their cash over option for getting cash but showing as a purchase.  Does any other cards do this?  

I have heard that Navy Federal Credit Union has high SL as well.  Do you have to be a member?  Or just apply?  

Any help is appreciated!!    I also have a bankrupty Chapter 7, but it is from 9 years ago and doesn't seem to be affecting me too much at the moment.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wanting to add another credit card, looking for best options please.

Navy Federal Credit Union you have to be a member.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.