Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Appl proccess for new Synchrony /Cathay Pacific Sig Visa

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Weird Appl proccess for new Synchrony /Cathay Pacific Sig Visa

Applied today for the new Synchrony Bank Cathay Pacific Sig Visa. Got a 15day message. Wife did the same and got same message. I called Synchrony Bank and spoke with a CA in the Fraud Dept. Stated they are proccessing all of these apps manually? sent me a text (code) to verify my phone # and continued to proccess app.Stated that they are not told the status of the appl but I will either get a call or letter in 7-10 days with the approval/non approval notice. Stated there are NO instant approvals with this card due to Cathay Pacific /Synchrony bank policy related to fraud. Very strange. I have had several accounts with this bank and never went through that type of procedure before.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird Appl proccess for new Synchrony /Cathay Pacific Sig Visa

It's almost like the same process I went through with a recon on a SL with synchrony but worse. Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted.

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good luck on the approvalsSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same results with the app. Said pending. No approval email or anything. Never bothered to call and find out, just waited for the denial letter. Few days later, I logged on to Equifax. I happen to look at my accounts and I saw one that says Sync/Cathay with $5800 SL. I think I apped on the 14th, it was approved on the 15th, posted as new account on Equifax on the 16th. I just started getting new account alerts from TU and EQ yesterday. Good luck with your app.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck. Keep us posted as to your progress. 

Message 5 of 8
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

We were both approved for the card. Waiting to get it in the mail. Synchrony would not tell me. I knew approval as new account showed up on my credit ID site that I have via Costco.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:
We were both approved for the card. Waiting to get it in the mail. Synchrony would not tell me. I knew approval as new account showed up on my credit ID site that I have via Costco.

Did you receive your card yet? It's transparent.

CathayPacificVISA.jpg

Message 7 of 8
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

We both got cards. I cancelled mine before activating it. Wife will keep hers

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.