Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Fargo Dillards DENIED!!

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Well Fargo Dillards DENIED!!

No one even knows the denial reason and already everyone is against Wells Fargo.

Message 41 of 55
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

No one even knows the denial reason and already everyone is against Wells Fargo.

I will update when the letter comes. So curious to learn the reason since was just approved only last night for a PayPal Mastercard with reasonable limit and they also pulled the same bureau.

I always read mostly nothing but NEGATIVE experiences when coming across well fargo's posts so maybe there really is something amiss about them. Dunno but don't care anymore to bother with them if they can't even approve a simple store card with a 715 score, no derogs, excellent Util etc.

Message 42 of 55
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I will update when the letter comes. So curious to learn the reason since was just approved only last night for a PayPal Mastercard with reasonable limit and they also pulled the same bureau.

I always read mostly nothing but NEGATIVE experiences when coming across well fargo's posts so maybe there really is something amiss about them. Dunno but don't care anymore to bother with them if they can't even approve a simple store card with a 715 score, no derogs, excellent Util etc.

Crappy limits a lot of the time, usually tricky to get a decent CLI from them, mediocre-poor rewards on cards, and in my case, several days of having to wait just to get denied for a card from them. They wasted a ton of my time for nothing. I'm sure they're going to ruin the Dillards card quite well since they acquired it from Sync Bank.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 43 of 55
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Crappy limits a lot of the time, usually tricky to get a decent CLI from them, mediocre-poor rewards on cards, and in my case, several days of having to wait just to get denied for a card from them. They wasted a ton of my time for nothing. I'm sure they're going to ruin the Dillards card quite well since they acquired it from Sync Bank.

Well, at least i got that one out of my system for good Smiley Very Happy

Message 44 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

WF is known to be tough to get approved. They are conservative like FNBO. 

Ron.

Message 45 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Not too many people go to Dillards to shop not because of their stuff is expensive. They were hoping they changed card issuers might help their business. I don't think WF is going to help. I only used my card once to buy online. I didn't bother to go inside the store. Their stuff is always overprice even it's on sale. 

Ron.

Message 46 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Not too many people go to Dillards to shop not because of their stuff is expensive. They were hoping they changed card issuers might help their business. I don't think WF is going to help. I only used my card once to buy online. I didn't bother to go inside the store. Their stuff is always overprice even it's on sale. 

Ron.

Right. I prefer Macy's. If only they'd upgrade the wife's card to the AMEX..

Message 47 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Ron.

Dillards stuff is more expensive than Macys.  Dillards doesn't give out any discount coupon. You can call them to upgrade to Amex. I did it to both Macys and Bloomingdales. They upgraded my Bloomingdales store card to Amex without HP.

Ron.

Message 48 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Ron.

Dillards stuff is more expensive than Macys.  Dillards doesn't give out any discount coupon. You can call them to upgrade to Amex. I did it to both Macys and Bloomingdales. They upgraded my Bloomingdales store card to Amex without HP.

Ron.

They're always sending us 10% off coupons and occasionally mailers for 20% off.

Still expensive..

As far as the Macy's Store -> Macy's AMEX, Will it be a new TL?

Message 49 of 55
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

They're always sending us 10% off coupons and occasionally mailers for 20% off.

Still expensive..

As far as the Macy's Store -> Macy's AMEX, Will it be a new TL?

Yes, it will be a new TL. Macys Amex got its own credit lines. You use it as Amex cards if used outside the Macys store. Macys Amex acts as Macy Card if used inside the Macys. You don't have to carry your Macys card. 

Ron.

Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.