Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLI Only w/o Baddies?

tag
Brax
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo CLI Only w/o Baddies?

Called regular customer service and asked for a CLI, confirmed it was a soft pull. Only asked for a 3K increase, approved bringing limit to 10K. No new soft pull so they probably used the last soft review from Sep. 3 when EX was 770. Now at 783.

First successful customer-intitated CLI on this card in almost 7 years. Opened in 2006.

Still a little surprised for two reasons:

1. WF loves to make unnecessary EX hard pulls, no issue with EX frozen.
2. Last year still had a very old unpaid medical baddie they would deny any CLI request. Even a HP and recon with EO was useless, they claimed it was “recent” and didn't trust a long-time customer. And yet, their automated system twice gave me $1500 auto CLIs after I used BT checks!

Bottome line: Wells Fargo was by far the worst bank I dealt with when I had medical collections reporting.

Has anyone else noticed this treatment from WF before/after getting a clean report? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CLI Only w/o Baddies?

Congrats, very nice

Message 2 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 10
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I don't have collections and have only been with WF for 8 months. Only have their Home Projects Visa with a 0 balance. Don't know what to do with this thing now that my house repairs are paid off. I wish they offered a BT on it. I don't even know how they do CLIs as I don't see any button on the site. I figured customer iniated CLIs were hard pulls. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 10
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on the Wf cli!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 10
Brax
Frequent Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

I don't have collections and have only been with WF for 8 months. Only have their Home Projects Visa with a 0 balance. Don't know what to do with this thing now that my house repairs are paid off. I wish they offered a BT on it. I don't even know how they do CLIs as I don't see any button on the site. I figured customer iniated CLIs were hard pulls. 

My understanding is requents made with frontline CSRs are usually a SP.

If they need further review, then it will probably be a HP. But supposedly you can decline and tell them to cancel the request before they do that.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.