Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Countered Secured!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Wells Fargo Countered Secured!

Against my better judgement I applied the previous week because they sent me a pre-approval in the mail... I applied and it went pending and I didn't follow up on it... Today I received a letter that they couldn't offer me unsecured but would be happy to open a secured card for me... LOL

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Blake312
Established Member

Re: Wells Fargo Countered Secured!

@Creditaddict wrote:

Against my better judgement I applied the previous week because they sent me a pre-approval in the mail... I applied and it went pending and I didn't follow up on it... Today I received a letter that they couldn't offer me unsecured but would be happy to open a secured card for me... LOL

That sounds cute. 

Amex PRG NPSL- Amex SPG $2k - Amex BCE $2.1k - Amex ED $2k - Chase Freedom $2k - Chase Slate $1.5k - Chase Disney Rewards $1.2k - Discover IT $200 - Bank of America Cash Rewards $3k - Barclaycard Arrival WMC $3k - Capital One QS1 $2000 - USSA Classic American Express $1k
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Hope you know better than this? WF??? Smiley Sad I am praying... you are so exasperating.

Message 3 of 22
Blake312
Established Member

I wonder how they hand a guy with 66+ cards a secured card, how bad is your AAoA with all those cards? Any high balances, too many balances? Anything, lol.

Amex PRG NPSL- Amex SPG $2k - Amex BCE $2.1k - Amex ED $2k - Chase Freedom $2k - Chase Slate $1.5k - Chase Disney Rewards $1.2k - Discover IT $200 - Bank of America Cash Rewards $3k - Barclaycard Arrival WMC $3k - Capital One QS1 $2000 - USSA Classic American Express $1k
Message 4 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Blake312 wrote:

I wonder how they hand a guy with 66+ cards a secured card, how bad is your AAoA with all those cards? Any high balances, too many balances? Anything, lol.

well if I could talk to someone in AMERICA with a brain and ability to review a credit report I might be able to answer what the issues are.

they pulled EX but sent a fako score

My AA is over 5 years

the 3rd reason on the list is proportion of balances to credit limits but the first "backdoor UW" number i called was nothing more than a person reading off the letter I have, she was not looking at any credit report so she couldn't tell me what accounts they thought were high and that I PIF.

she said they send off for review if I want a 2nd review done but another credit report would be pulled. but her english was to shakey for me to trust her a minute longer so I hung up on her.

Message 5 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Wells Fargo: 800-967-9521 (credit card underwriting - credit to Brax)

Wells Fargo: 866-412-5956 (UW) per michael_us

These numbers are not underwriters... they are simply a different customer service department that can "maybe" submit for a 2nd review IF they find "overriding factors" whatever that means considering they can't view a credit report... they both did mention "customer relationship" so i guess that's how they determine if they can send for over-riding... of course they both also came back and said that "My relationship isn't strong enough to consider the app a 2nd time"

Perhaps because I find your customer service terrible and closed all my accounts!

I called Wells Fargo: 866-677-1128 (now Executive Office - credit to Brax) and she can't even pull up an application but I'm currently on hold for a transfer (supposedly) DIRECTLY to a real underwriter but I'm not holding my breath

Message 6 of 22
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Nice Smiley Tongue

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO!! Get in the garden!!! 

Message 8 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

very determined!

Message 9 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Well that seemed to transfer me back to same department but she talked to me a little more knowledgable up until she said you have called twice already?

YES, because so far I have not talked to the credit department!

she said we are the credit department

I said if you can't review my credit report, you are not the credit department.

she said I can review you credit report

I said okay, well the others could not.

she said we can review it, we just can't discuss it, that's not something we choose, the credit agencies don't allow us.

I said that's not true, it's a bank policy and that is fine but the credit agencies don't depict anything you do.

well we can't provide you specifics off your credit report.

that is fine as I have it already.

Okay, so the delinquencies listed on your report are paid and you would like the application reconsidered correct?

YES

Okay, I submitted that, you can call us back Wed. for an update.

EXHAUSTING... IF they do approve me I'm going to MAX it and pay the minimum until the 0% runs out and then PIF and SD... UGH!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.