Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Visa Signature - Need to Verify Information Message

tag
mjb59463
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Visa Signature - Need to Verify Information Message

Wells is such a stingy lender when it comes to anything. I came over from US Bank because I wanted to get in with Wells for a mortgage eventually at some point in my life, so I moved my checking accounts/savings accounts over to them. What a mistake. 

They kept declining me FOR YEARS on CC Approvals due to an old closed checking account that I opened when I was 14, that had a "charge-off" or unpaid overdraft of 7 dollars. It's pure insanity that this is constituted as a "poor banking relationship" with WF. 

Scores: 790 TU (Barclay), 780 EX (Fico8), 790 EQ

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Amex Marriott Bonvoy (16k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (12k), Wells Fargo Visa Signature (10k), Citi Double Cash (8k), Amex Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex BBP (15k) Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (15k)
Message 41 of 61
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Oh I must say this too. Back 5-6 years ago when I had checking, savings, credit card and mortgage with WF I've witnessed with their online banking something I have never witnessed before of after with any other bank or CU, and I've had relationship with so many so far.

Some day all of sudden, somehow, they linked someone's savings account to my profile. I was able to see all the details of that account, maybe even make funds transfer if I wanted (of course not)...this was scarry...I immediatelly removed the account from my profile...it never came back...this is how seriously they take security of the customer accounts.

Message 42 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@revjamesl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I work for Wells Fargo and see people get denied all day due to lack of deposit relationship and if they come in and open an account and then apply for a card theyll get denied for not enough history with bank. It's ridiculous. Even if their FICOs are 700+ and have $5000+ prime cards.

If you get approved and don't currently have a relationship with them most likely you did in the past or have a private label credit card throuhg Wells Fargo.

That is ridiculous. Well, if I open an account and get denied then I'll very quickly close the account I would have just opened with WF.

It's grossly pathetic, I've seen even some secured cards declined for those reasons. And of course the customer always comes back and closes their account after receiving their notice letter. I don't understand, as employees we are trained to show our customers that we truly want their business and then underwriting goes back adn tells them no. I've lost faith to the point where new customers I don't offer them any credit because I don't want to dissapoint them. It happens all the time.

Message 43 of 61
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

****New Update*****

I went back into the local branch and had the personal banker call in and I was approved with a SL of $7k. 

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 44 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rev, that's excellent!!!!! I'm so happy it worked out. I must congratulate you. Great job.
😀😀😀😀😀 AWESOME !!! 😁😁😁😁😁
Message 45 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@revjamesl wrote:

****New Update*****

I went back into the local branch and had the personal banker call in and I was approved with a SL of $7k. 

It's refreshing to see someone use such an easy option to improve their outcome of a CC app.  Many would rather bitch about their SL on a forum and refuse to go in and see a banker face-to-face thus eliminating a hurdle which is often easy to overcome.

Kudos to you!

Message 46 of 61
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations, Revjames....

I currently have a mortgage with WF, do I need to open a checking or savings account with them? Have someone here receive instant approval with WF....Are they BK friendly

Message 47 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did, but my CH 7 is 8 year's old, from 2007.
Message 48 of 61
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!!

Ron.

Message 49 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Smiley Very Happy  Glad things worked out well for you!  I have a WF account just for auto deposit purposes.  I've had it about a year now. I like the Propel Amex.  I guess it's safe to say don't expect a decent SL with them.  Kind of like my measly 4.3k with CDC.  I took it to get in the door.  You did well with the 7k.  Smiley Wink

Message 50 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.