Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo app

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo app

Okay,  me and my friend had a small bet going on.. 1st of all I can afford to give up a hit on EX based on researching I have done it seems that WF loves to pull EX. anyways next month will be 8 years old since my BK discharged filing date.  now the big question is which one will likely to be approved.  see below.

My credit profile:  CS should be upper 730s to low 740s for next month for all 3 CRA.   no CO, no missed payments at all post BK.  its around 5% for UTIL but should be updated to 2% by the time I am ready to apply. income 35K

my friend credit profile. upper 680s to low 690s across CRA..  has a 5 years old CO in the amount of $8300.  but has no BK reporting like mine does.. UTIL is hoovering around 28-30% depending on which CRA,  his income is  4x more than mine.

I think the outcome will be interesting, thoughts ? could be no winner for this small bet lol  will revisit this thread next month.  Smiley Happy

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo app

Honestly I think yall are wasting your time apping for a WF card Smiley Tongue Pardon my bitterness towards them (2yo+ low limit card)

*Just for fun* put me down for both of you approved at 4k.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, I do have WF acct but they never incrase my limit, go with chase, chase gave me 2 cards of 10k limit, I have direct deposit at WF and 10k savings, Now I am thinking to move my banking with chase..

Message 3 of 18
myscore1
New Contributor

@SnowBowl wrote:

Okay,  me and my friend had a small bet going on.. 1st of all I can afford to give up a hit on EX based on researching I have done it seems that WF loves to pull EX. anyways next month will be 8 years old since my BK discharged filing date.  now the big question is which one will likely to be approved.  see below.

My credit profile:  CS should be upper 730s to low 740s for next month for all 3 CRA.   no CO, no missed payments at all post BK.  its around 5% for UTIL but should be updated to 2% by the time I am ready to apply. income 35K

my friend credit profile. upper 680s to low 690s across CRA..  has a 5 years old CO in the amount of $8300.  but has no BK reporting like mine does.. UTIL is hoovering around 28-30% depending on which CRA,  his income is  4x more than mine.

I think the outcome will be interesting, thoughts ? could be no winner for this small bet lol  will revisit this thread next month.  Smiley Happy

I am betting on you. Your buddy's higher income is going to raise more questions to Wells Fargo than your 35k. In addition, your scores are higher and your utilization is much lower. 

EQ 634 TU 628 EX 662 November 2015
EQ 717 TU 675 EX 727 January 2016
Message 4 of 18
12njoy
Super Contributor

Good luck to you.  I got a wells Fargo credit card that over the course of a year went from $2,500 to its current limit of $37,500.  Now that took a few hard pulls to get it there through a combination of credit limit increases and merging another wells Fargo card that I got a few months after the 1st wells Fargo card. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 5 of 18
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@SnowBowl wrote:

Both approved but with different limits. Your limit $3k, his limit $5k to start.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they pull EX or TU?

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just applied for a CC with WF from an offer they sent me for 15 months% interest. free.  they only appoved me for $2K?? My score high of 768,n  745 and of course Experian is always the lowest 688, why is that?   Does WF use Experian?  I also have my mortgage with WF.  So they gave me a limit just enough to cover the balance transfer?!! My DTI is less 2% and well below my limits, income is $90K.  Have other cards with $15k etc. What is with WF?

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just applied for a CC with WF from an offer they sent me for 15 months% interest. free.  they only appoved me for $2K?? My score high of 768,n  745 and of course Experian is always the lowest 688, why is that?   Does WF use Experian?  I also have my mortgage with WF.  So they gave me a limit just enough to cover the balance transfer?!! My DTI is less 2% and well below my limits, income is $90K.  Have other cards with $15k etc. What is with WF?

Call them and ask for a manual review and request $15,000 CL.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bk is always better than a CO.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.