Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo loves me with another CLI

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Wells Fargo loves me with another CLI

So I've had my Wells Fargo Propel for 4 months now.  It originally started out at $2,500 and I took $2,500 from my Wells Fargo Platinum Visa which was at $5,000 back in August 2014.  That raised my Propel to $5,000 and my Platinum Visa fell to $2,500.  In September 2014, I asked to raise my Platinum Visa from $2,500 to $10,000 and it was approved.  Then today I called Wells Fargo to raise my Propel from $5,000 to $15,000.  It costs me a HP on EX.  They came back and said we'll give you a total of $10,000 on your Propel since we just raised your Platinum with us.  CSR said "You'll have a maximum of $20,000 with us which is the maximum we can give you now".  I said thank you very much, I'll take it.  Not bad from Wells Fargo since establishing this relationship in March 2014.  I started doing some MS on the Propel and PIF.  Wells Fargo told me they like to see usage on their cards and other cards. Woot Woot.Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo loves me with another CLI

WF?  Really?? You're a rare bird. :-)  Congrats!!

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 2 of 27
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

@b_diddy wrote:

WF?  Really?? You're a rare bird. :-)  Congrats!!

Thanks.  I think it's the MS that has helped me get so much in such a short time.  I've worked it like a horse.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 4 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Yours is one of the rare expressions of satisfaction for WF that i think i have read yet. Smiley Very Happy

And from the looks of things, for good reason. Congrats!!

Message 6 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Yours is one of the rare expressions of satisfaction for WF that i think i have read yet. Smiley Very Happy

And from the looks of things, for good reason. Congrats!!

Thanks.  I can't believe it myself.  I've read the horror stories from people with much better profiles than mine.  I don't know what it is.  I have the opposite luck with Amex though.  I'm in the doghouse there. Smiley Mad

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I'm quite impressed with your WF success.

Now my opinion of them has really sunk though. They made me do all that verification crap for nothing just to get a denial and were pretty misleading with me on the phone too with even one of them saying that the underwriters thought my stuff look good and that they were gonna approve it blah blah blah. I mean seriously. I'm never applying for their crappy (IMO) cards again. I'm just gonna stick with Chase and Amex from now on where they really seem to appreciate my business infinitely more than most of the other lenders I have cards with. Thankfully I don't have many TU inquiries so it's all good.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Now my opinion of them has really sunk though. They made me do all that verification crap for nothing just to get a denial and were pretty misleading with me on the phone too with even one of them saying that the underwriters thought my stuff look good and that they were gonna approve it blah blah blah. I mean seriously. I'm never applying for their crappy (IMO) cards again. I'm just gonna stick with Chase and Amex from now on where they really seem to appreciate my business infinitely more than most of the other lenders I have cards with. Thankfully I don't have many TU inquiries so it's all good.

I'm sorry to hear that popamode72.  I really expected an approval since they took me through that same process.  I know how you feel.  BofA (FIA Card Services) actually approved me back in July 2014 for $10,000 only to call me a couple of hours later and rescind the $10,000.  You talk about hot. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 9 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that popamode72.  I really expected an approval since they took me through that same process.  I know how you feel.  BofA (FIA Card Services) actually approved me back in July 2014 for $10,000 only to call me a couple of hours later and rescind the $10,000.  You talk about hot. 

Wow. That sounds a whole lot worse. I'm lucky nothing like that has happened to me. Sorry to hear that.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.