Congrats!

Message 11 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo loves me with another CLI

@chalupaman wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I'm quite impressed with your WF success.

Now my opinion of them has really sunk though. They made me do all that verification crap for nothing just to get a denial and were pretty misleading with me on the phone too with even one of them saying that the underwriters thought my stuff look good and that they were gonna approve it blah blah blah. I mean seriously. I'm never applying for their crappy (IMO) cards again. I'm just gonna stick with Chase and Amex from now on where they really seem to appreciate my business infinitely more than most of the other lenders I have cards with. Thankfully I don't have many TU inquiries so it's all good.

I'm sorry to hear that popamode72.  I really expected an approval since they took me through that same process.  I know how you feel.  BofA (FIA Card Services) actually approved me back in July 2014 for $10,000 only to call me a couple of hours later and rescind the $10,000.  You talk about hot. 

Wow. That sounds a whole lot worse. I'm lucky nothing like that has happened to me. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks, it was bad but I finally got over it.  In this game of credit, anything is possible.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 12 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

@uswala wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks

___________ 12Njoy
Message 13 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Now my opinion of them has really sunk though. They made me do all that verification crap for nothing just to get a denial and were pretty misleading with me on the phone too with even one of them saying that the underwriters thought my stuff look good and that they were gonna approve it blah blah blah. I mean seriously. I'm never applying for their crappy (IMO) cards again. I'm just gonna stick with Chase and Amex from now on where they really seem to appreciate my business infinitely more than most of the other lenders I have cards with. Thankfully I don't have many TU inquiries so it's all good.

I'm sorry to hear that popamode72.  I really expected an approval since they took me through that same process.  I know how you feel.  BofA (FIA Card Services) actually approved me back in July 2014 for $10,000 only to call me a couple of hours later and rescind the $10,000.  You talk about hot. 

Wow. That sounds a whole lot worse. I'm lucky nothing like that has happened to me. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks, it was bad but I finally got over it.  In this game of credit, anything is possible.

Yup. I'm just gonna happily try to move on and not worry about it. Gardening is so hard though. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 14 of 27
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Yup. I'm just gonna happily try to move on and not worry about it. Gardening is so hard though. 

I still can't get in with wells fargo,PNC, US Bank, FNBO....those 4 banks are very tuff lol

Message 15 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

I still can't get in with wells fargo,PNC, US Bank, FNBO....those 4 banks are very tuff lol

I can I can attest to PNC.  I've tried 4 times and a no go each time.  What is FNBO?
___________ 12Njoy
Message 16 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I've heard a lot about US Bank but I've never had anything with them or even applied for their cards.  They seem pretty tough indeed. I've seen some PNCs in my area but never had a checking account with them ever and FNBO I've been hearing a lot about as well. Since I live in Georgia, I can't apply for any of their cards at all.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 17 of 27
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Total Credit Limits: $275,600 (July 2013 starting credit limits totaled $2,700)

Wow OP that's an amazing increase in credit lines in such a short time. It is pretty amazing once you start gettiing the bigger lines how quickly it grows. I just did an app spree myself and went from 55k to 95k. I was like what? really? I just added 40k in one weekend of apping? Insane!

One of my news cards is a WF Cash Back card. I can't recall which 2 cards you have.

The card has 5% cashback for gas, groceries, and drugstores the first 6 months! It also offers 0% on purchases and BT for 15 months. My mortgage is with them as well.

Does anyone know if they happen to code Walmart as a grocery store? If so that would be fantastic.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! You have done the impossible...
Message 19 of 27
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.