cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are My Chances Of Being Approved For Sallie Mae?

tag
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Re: What Are My Chances Of Being Approved For Sallie Mae?

@Anonymous wrote:

I got approved (albet upon recon and with only a $1500 limit) with a lower TU score (648), lower income (65K), more inquiries, and more baddies on my report. Yes, I might have been lucky, but you are a more qualified candidate across the board than me. I wouldn't expect you would have any problems getting approved immediately or at least upon recon if you are denied. I think people overestimate the difficulty of getting this card. Good luck.

Thank you for an honest answer.

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 11 of 15
greatdane88

I think your chances are pretty good.  I qualified with a tax lien reporting and 655 score and 74000 income.  Originally they approved me for a 350 cl.  I called right after the application and reconned. They saw how I was making improvements in my credit history and matched my highest limit at 5000.

Message 12 of 15
tmoney
Regular Contributor

If paid tax lien is federal,apply for withdrawal of federal tax lien via the fresh start program .Will probably give you 30-40 point boost

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@greatdane88 wrote:

I think your chances are pretty good.  I qualified with a tax lien reporting and 655 score and 74000 income.  Originally they approved me for a 350 cl.  I called right after the application and reconned. They saw how I was making improvements in my credit history and matched my highest limit at 5000.

You got an awesome rep then. If they'd matched my highest limit, i'd have had a $12,000 SM. Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I concur that your chances are pretty good. I got $10k with a score in the low 700s and $60k in income. I only have one baddie, and old tax lien, but I'd guess that you have some success.

One of the nice things about SM is that limit doesn't really matter. You're going to max out rewards at $1250 per month. As long as you have $2500 (2x that, to account for the difference between cut date and pay date), you probably won't use the extra credit. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.