cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What TU score does Synchrony-Walmart use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What TU score does Synchrony-Walmart use?

I was on an app spree last week and applied to Walmart, Amazon and Ulta. I got the Amazon and Ulta, but not the Walmart. Walmart sent a denial via email today and it said I wasn't approved due to high utilization. I agree my utilization is high Smiley Happy. The perplexing part is the score they said I had on TU. They show my score is a 420. Is that a Synchrony Bank internal score? They say they pulled TU, which I show my Fico 8 is 633 from MF report.

4 REPLIES 4
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: What TU score does Synchrony-Walmart use?

I would call the number and speak to someone , Synch is supposed to use Fico 08 scores . I have heard of them not using the most accurate pull ,meaning if you have applied in the last 3 to 6 mths they could use the Old one , that kept happening to my sis and she couldn't understand why she kept getting denied , she had to call and get them to pull a new report .
Message 2 of 5
2b2rich
Established Contributor

I'm not positive which one they use when pulling for an application, but we get the free FICO score each month that we can view when logging into the walmart charge account and so far it seems to match my FICO 8 (which also runs close with my FICO 9, or at least it does currently, I've never noticed before)

I'm bringing this up because we get the new score around the 10th of every month and it may be a coincidence, but that is about the time I received an automatic CLI for the WMart card.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

That 420 score would be their own internal model score that is typically used to approve the card.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with you 2b2rich… patiently waiting for my 692 to update higher today… maybe tomorrow….

I have had weird funky low numbers on rejection letters… two totally different things
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.