cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my CSP approval odds and is it worth it with my Delta Gold Amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are my CSP approval odds and is it worth it with my Delta Gold Amex?

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new around here but have been lurking for the past couple of months with intentions of improving my scores while also finding the best new card for me...

Of course, I've got the CSP on the brain but I'm not sure of my approval odds or if I would benefit much from the current rewards vs. my Delta Amex.

- I'm 28, in AL, with current accessible income of ~58,000 with expectations of that going up to roughly 80,000 within the next 12 months.
- I have recently paid down my current CC balances significantly through an unsecured personal loan, which raised my scores by roughly 50+ points. I have $13k on that loan left to pay.
- I will have owned my home for two years in Dec. 2017, and have about $122k left on the note.
- I have been flying for work 3-4 times annually, but anticipate that to # to rise to 8-10 times/annually in my current position or 15-20 times/annually for a potential new position.

I'd love to raise my overall CLI and lower my UTI with a new card, while paying down my current balances, and wonder if the CSP provides enough incentive for me to risk the HP when compared to my Delta AMEX?

Below are my most recent data points and current cards/limits:

EX - 683 / TU - 687 / EQ - 671
4/24

In Rotation:
- Delta Gold Amex - $11,500 (1 yr 6 mos old)
- Discover IT - $10,000 (3 yrs 8 mos old)

Used for BT:
- Chase Slate - $1,800 (1 yr 2 mos old)

Sock Drawer:
- Goodyear Store Card - $600 (3 yr 5 mos old)
- Old Discover Card - $1,000 (6 yr 4 mos old)
- (AU) Amex - $14,600 (20 yr 3 mos old)

- UTI @ 23.51% across the above 6 accounts

- AAoA = 4 yr 9 mos
- 1 30-59 Day late payment on the Goodyear Card, March 2016
- No Derogs

I'm working to decrease UTI as I am able, which I see as my largest obstacle. What say you about my CSP odds?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.