Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What'd ya get in the mail today?

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: What'd ya get in the mail today?

Some LADWP bills, a letter from Discover shooting down my latest CLI request, and a shiny new American Express Gold Delta Skymiles card. Oh yeah, yesterday I received my Chase Sapphire Preferred card.

Message 2551 of 2,756
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

2 new Discover designs. NY Skyline & Mixtape.

Message 2552 of 2,756
crrredit
Established Contributor

Pre-approval from Merrick.

Message 2553 of 2,756
Anonymous
Not applicable

Catching up after some real life challenges.  After hitting the 700 club on all 3, I finally received my first pre-approval for a guaranteed amount,  but it was from first premiere, something that I know is mocked on here.  Regardless, those who have read my posts may have seen how badly I was wanting to start getting offers other than Credit One, so it felt great!!!   I have a feeling better offers will be catching up to my new scores soon!  Smiley Happy

Letters from Commenity that my accounts were suspended for investigation.  Im not sure what suspended means, but i think it came up showing my Sportsman's Guide Visa as closed on Myfico, with a 40 point increase!!  Total coincidence?  Maybe.  (Probably?) I may start a thread in the Fico Score forum about it, if I get around to it.  Ive had a lot going on and havent called them, but wonder if I can get a suspension overturned?  Is suspension a weasel word for banning me?  Usually I enjoy Commenity's straight talk when they say they are "unwilling" to give an increase rather than "unable" or some other wording. ;-)   Ive read some of the threads about their antics, but dont remember if I read anyone saying accounts "suspended for investigation".  If a mod wants to paste this elsewhere to not break up the continuity in here and maybe get more answers, I wont mind. :-)  Otherwise I may write one up myself in whatever forum is appropriate at some point, as I would appreciate feedback.  But that was my mail update, folks!  Ive missed you folks and am subscribed to this, so the email drew me back!   

That reminds me of the Blues Traveler song, "Hook", which mocks their fans, the industry, and uses one of the most famous hooks of all time from classical music centuries ago, if you have a good musical ear(I had to read about it).  In my opinion, an extremely deep song, and in his own words, an industry suicide note, saying they were done using the simple formula for writing hits.  I admire that.  Seeing this July 4th at Red Rocks(base of the Rockies, near Denver) is an amazing experience I encourage to those of you who are looking for more "spend" on your cards! lol  Also a great place and time for the song written by a fallen member of the band, The Mountains Win Again.  https://youtu.be/pdz5kCaCRFM   Blessings to you all.

Sadly, I typed most of this with one finger, but I had to, as the hook brought me back!  ;-)

Message 2554 of 2,756
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

A nice booklet from AMEX for their Gold or something like that.  Lots of papers and stuff.  I have the BCE, and don't need anymore cards.  But glad to be loved, remember when I couldn't get anything.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2555 of 2,756
mzniko
Valued Member

Another pre-selected from Barclay's .. after they just sent one last week. Plus..I'm in the garden for now Smiley Wink
Message 2556 of 2,756
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINALLY got my Marriott card! I applied and was instantly approved on the 1st of January, so almost 2 weeks from approval to card in hand. I got my AMEX Platinum on Wednesday after approval on Monday. Both cards are so pretty! Haha! Now to get those spend bonuses met. ;-)

Message 2557 of 2,756
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

> Got a pre-Approval from  www.mybestegg.com/fixed   for a personal loan up to $40k with an APR as low as 4%..     Looks good >  went rite into the shredder

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 2558 of 2,756
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Received my PRG! Was expecting a bit earlier but finally it's here! Nice packaging.

Also got the replacement card for the BCE, downgraded from my 6 months of BCP experiment.
Message 2559 of 2,756
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a pre-approval letter for a Dodge Credit Card > straight to the shredder. ANDDDD a letter from Movement Mortgage that they have sold my mortgage to CENLAR... Yay. But it's the weekend folks!
Message 2560 of 2,756
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.