Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What'd ya get in the mail today?

tag
DieGo2SHAE
Regular Contributor

Re: What'd ya get in the mail today?

Capital One has been trying to get me in their bed with QS pre-approvals for a long time and I'm getting their offers every week now it seems. Each time they're a little bit better, but they still have not sent me one that includes the $100 sign-up bonus that you can get through the online application. Until then they can bite me and if Citi sends me a sign-up bonus for the Double Cash first then Capital One will continue to enjoy my shredder forever Smiley Happy

May 2013 | June 2013 |Sep 2013 | Dec 2013 |May 2014 | May 2014 | May 2014| April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015
Message 51 of 2,756
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Involver wrote:

After opting back in my first pre-approval ... CSP.  

Very tempted.

Should be a whopper of an approval! Smiley Wink

Message 52 of 2,756
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never get any pre approval mail Smiley Sad lol

However, I did get my new QuickSilver Visa that I pc'd to today!

Message 53 of 2,756
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Yesterday I got BT checks (from Chase, US Bank and BOA), a pre-selected invitation to apply for a Kroger's 3-2-1 Visa (US Bank); and a Pre-approval from a place called Best Egg (never heard of them) for a personal loan up to $35k. IOW, some more stuff to throw away.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 54 of 2,756
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally!  I got my Capital One Quicksilver in the mail that I upgraded my Platiinum to via a Facebook request.  Although the wait didn't really matter since I've been receiving the 1.5% cash back the whole time, ever since I talked to the CSR on the phone.

Message 55 of 2,756
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Today I got more offers in the mail in one day than I've gotten before. One from my bank for a no perks Visa Platinum, Citi ThankYou Preferred, and Chase Freedom.  I figured I'd get more offers after my new Cap 1 starts reporting but that hasn't happened yet so I was surprised.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 56 of 2,756
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Cool thread!  Here's what we received in the mail today:

• Chase Slate pre-screened offers for both me and my DH.  Pass.
  • A car loan refi offer with 2% cash back on the loan amount (cash back of $470) from Sound Credit Union.  It's a pre-approval for up to $23,500 at an APR of 3.54%.  My car loan balance is about $22,000 and my rate is 0.9%, so this isn't an offer I'll be considering.
  • Quicken Loans pre-qualified refi home loan offer at 3.75%, 15-year fixed.  Another pass.

Impatiently waiting on Citi to send me an offer for $200 cash back to apply for the Double Cash card!  haha  Oh, and checking US Bank's website every day to see if new Amex card(s) appear.  Tick tock, tick tock!  In the meantime, I'll keep feeding the shredder.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 57 of 2,756
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@CribDuchess wrote:

• A car loan refi offer with 2% cash back on the loan amount (cash back of $470) from Sound Credit Union.  It's a pre-approval for up to $23,500 at an APR of 3.54%.  My car loan balance is about $22,000 and my rate is 0.9%, so this isn't an offer I'll be considering.
  • Quicken Loans pre-qualified refi home loan offer at 3.75%, 15-year fixed.  Another pass.

Impatiently waiting on Citi to send me an offer for $200 cash back to apply for the Double Cash card!  haha  Oh, and checking US Bank's website every day to see if new Amex card(s) appear.  Tick tock, tick tock!  In the meantime, I'll keep feeding the shredder.

Love reading these types of posts! Keep 'em coming everyone! Smiley Happy  From what has been posted a lot of people have had success secure messaging after approval to get the 200 sign on bonus, isn't that correct? (Or has that changed?)

Message 58 of 2,756
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

Love reading these types of posts! Keep 'em coming everyone! Smiley Happy  From what has been posted a lot of people have had success secure messaging after approval to get the 200 sign on bonus, isn't that correct? (Or has that changed?)

My DH got approved for the Double Cash card a few weeks ago.  I have had him send 4 different secure messages (the last one was earlier today) to request the $200 bonus offer, but so far no dice.  I might have to make him call in (oh, he HATES that!).  LOL

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 59 of 2,756
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Fingerhut preapproval for $800 yesterday. Pass. And a Cap One VentureOne invitation. My brother Is still stranded in cabo. Pass.

Message 60 of 2,756
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.