cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this Discover CLI denial language mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this Discover CLI denial language mean?

Usually when i hit the LUV button i get the 2 day review and not enough experience answer when denied , i ended up getting the CLI last week but just received a letter in the mail for the previous denial saying denied for RATIO OF MONTHLY PAYMENT TO INCOME (DEBIT BURDEN..  What exactly does this mean when i apped i put monthly housing etc as ZERO as my wife pays it and i take the other bills, i only put my income 57K i didnt include hers of 82K on my app.  Total exposure 41K , discover limit 18K now and utilization total usually under 3% on any given month.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does this Discover CLI denial language mean?

Is the mortgage listed on your CRA's as well as your wife's...they may have soft pulled you and seen it reporting a monthly payment.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just my wife's we have a condo and she had it long before she ever met me. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just my wife's we have a condo and she had it long before she ever met me. 

That's weird then where they are factoring you from unless they are using old info? Oh and did you call to make sure that wasn't just a message spit out by the system (screwy computers lol)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.