Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Reconing and how do you do it?

tag
TuffTurkey
Regular Contributor

What is Reconing and how do you do it?

Exacly what the title says and examples. Is capital one forgiving? I have an CO Thats going to fall off my CR in july. Is there a good Chance im blacklisted. but main question is recon.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is Reconing and how do you do it?

Recon is short for reconsideration. It involves calling the credit analyst for the card issuer after a denial and pleading your case. Capital One is very forgiving but if those are your current scores in your sig line, you'll have an uphill battle even with them.

Message 2 of 7
TuffTurkey
Regular Contributor

Yeah I know. Its for furture reference. Trying to learn as much as I can as Im rebuilding so im taking the right steps and knowing what i can or cant do. First time ive ever heard recon or the option to do so.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TuffTurkey wrote:

Exacly what the title says and examples. Is capital one forgiving? I have an CO Thats going to fall off my CR in july. Is there a good Chance im blacklisted. but main question is recon.

@TuffTurkey,

Cap 1 does not recon.  If you apply for their card and get denied, your best chance is to reach out to their EO.  But if that is your current score in your signature, then abandon that thought of reconning for now and look into secure cards.

Recon - Reconsideration is calling and convincing a credit analyst to reconsider you application that is pending or denied.  

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

whan you app and get denied for something and you call the entity to RECONsider.

and you do it by calling the backdoor numbers found on this forums.

GL

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TuffTurkey wrote:

Welcome to the forum! Make sure to read and bookmark the following link with a list of most used abbreviations:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Guide-To-Common-Abbreviations/td-p/224988

Message 6 of 7
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

whan you app and get denied for something and you call the entity to RECONsider.

and you do it by calling the backdoor numbers found on this forums.

GL

Don't stop there! You can also "Recon" a successful app for a higher credit limit. They're just reconsidering a decision at your request. Can be denied or approved just like an app.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.