Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the trick to SCT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the trick to SCT

Honestly. I've tried several stores, several times. Really only want VS, but I can't get it to pop up. What the trick? I've tries with an account, without one, clearing cookies and history, different browsers and computers. I don't get it. I think I could get it if I actually applied. I just don't want to waste a HP......
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: What is the trick to SCT

some people just cant get them. 

If it was meant to be for you, go to venus.com, put something in your cart. Hit check out now, it says check out enter email and hit continue to check out as guest.

enter address, select shipping and hit next. Pop Up. no trick really. just simple log out. see if you can get this. if you can then dive further into pop up tricks. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 7.09.08 PM.png

Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Main thing is make sure your are OPT in via .https://www.optoutprescreen.com/

Also make sure you don't have security freeze on your EQ.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No freezes. No opt outs....nothing weird. .....made sure pop ups were enabled.....just frustrated I guess.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
No freezes. No opt outs....nothing weird. .....made sure pop ups were enabled.....just frustrated I guess.

With your current scores you'll be approved even without the pop up appearing.  If you really want the card, I'd say go ahead and apply

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know. Just didn't want the hp.
Message 6 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I've found that the most important thing is to enter your address exactly as it is reported on your credit reports, as in how the USPS database says it should be.

If you're not certain, enter your address on the USPS Zip Code look up page... it will tell you how you should be abbreviating (or not) so that your chances of matching the credit bureau records will be higher.

https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction_input

Message 7 of 9
happypill
Valued Contributor

UncleB is right, getting the address exactly correct is critical.  If I include a "." after the St abbreviation on my street name, nothing ever comes up.  That said, I've never gotten Victoria Secret to pop.  J Crew popped the first time I tried the SCT, Overstock popped 100% of the time for months before I finally accepted it.  Since then I've also gotten several VS/MC via SCT, but Victoria Secret has never ever popped up for me.

If VS isn't coming up for you, may try one of the other stores to see if everything is setting up properly for you, and be sure to get that address right.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I know. Just didn't want the hp.

I wonder if one of the issues with VS not showing up is that it pulls EX, while some of the others pull EQ.  I can get pop-ups on most things except VS (which I closed cause it would never go past $350 no matter how long I had it) and Pottery Barn. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.