Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What now?

I've been spending endless nights lurking around and finally decided to post.  Would just like to get some opinions from you guys that know much more about credit than a 19 year old with only 1 year experience with credit. Ill start out by letting you guys know that my goals for the next 6 months to a year are getting into Amex (preferably with the PGR) and getting CSP. I'll leave my credit profile below and maybe you all can point me in the right direction and I'm more than open to any suggestions!

Income: Roughly 30k

Scores:

-CK: 722

-CS: 700

-Barclays FICO: 745

-Discover FICO: 725

Cards: (From old to new)

-Capital One Secured (10/13): $251

-1FBUSA (03/14): $650

-Discover IT (05/14): $650

-Barclays Rewards MC (07/14): $500

-Cap1 QS1 (07/14): $300 on credit steps for $500

-BofA Cash Rewards (09/14): $600

Utilization is at 1% on just one or two cards at a time

$15,000 Car Loan (Co-signer) 05/14

Current balance: $13,000

Total inquieries (Experian): 8

4 in the past 6 months

no baddies whatsoever

please let me know if you guys need anything else to point me in the right direction and thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What now?

I would let those newer (1 year or less) accounts age and once they are a year old- maybe ask for CLI's  or apply for a new card next year.  Others may have better advice.  

Message 2 of 6
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would let those newer (1 year or less) accounts age and once they are a year old- maybe ask for CLI's  or apply for a new card next year.  Others may have better advice.  

+1

Message 3 of 6
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@uswala wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

+1  I'm surprised at the small limits you've received given your profile and scores.  I was going to suggest Barclay rewards, but you already have it.  Best you can do is just have patience and let time do it's thing.

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If Amex PRG is what you want I would apply for that now... don't see any issue with a charge.

Have you checked Chase Pre-qual for offers?

otherwise I would call Discover every 3 months for SP CLI

close cap1 secured as you don't need it for util. and it won't really grow so get rid of it now.

garden the rest of the cards and keep checking your pre-qual on chase and grab one when you get an offer.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

If Amex PRG is what you want I would apply for that now... don't see any issue with a charge.

Have you checked Chase Pre-qual for offers?

otherwise I would call Discover every 3 months for SP CLI

close cap1 secured as you don't need it for util. and it won't really grow so get rid of it now.

garden the rest of the cards and keep checking your pre-qual on chase and grab one when you get an offer.

Even having 2 very recent credit lines?

I have no pre-quals whatsoever

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.