Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What were your Citi HP CLI results?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What were your Citi HP CLI results?

For those that DID take a HP CLI on their Citi card, what were your results?

• What type of Citi card was it?
  • What was your SL and had you received a SP CLI prior?
  • How long did you have your account prior to requesting a HP CLI?
  • What credit limit did you request and did you get what you requested, or were you countered with a lesser amount?
  • What was your typical monthly spend on the card?
  • Any other data such as income, utilization and so on is welcome.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

Re: What were your Citi HP CLI results?

Citi Double Cash
SL: $3600
Had my account for just a month or two at the most, so no prior SP CLI.
Requested $17500. Was given $8400.
Spent a few hundred a month at the time.
Utilization was probably very low, likely 1% or less. Won't give exact income figures but my debt to income ratio is quite high thanks to student loans.
Credit scores generally in the 760-780 range around that time.
Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 2 of 8
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For those that DID take a HP CLI on their Citi card, what were your results?  I took a HP 12 months ago for a CLI with Citi.

• What type of Citi card was it? Double Cash
  • What was your SL and had you received a SP CLI prior? $9500, no offers for SP CLI 
  • How long did you have your account prior to requesting a HP CLI? Approved and opened account in 10/2015. HP CLI request was almost exactly 11 months after account opening
  • What credit limit did you request and did you get what you requested, or were you countered with a lesser amount? Requested $30k, got $30k
  • What was your typical monthly spend on the card? This is my go to card for noncategorical spend in the US. Posted balance paid weekly, reports anywhere from $10 to $250 each month.
  • Any other data such as income, utilization and so on is welcome. At the time I requested the CLI, I still had a BK7 reporting. EQ pulled, FICO8 BE scores in 750s. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

• What type of Citi card was it?- Citi AAdvantage
  • What was your SL and had you received a SP CLI prior? SL limit was $16,500, no
  • How long did you have your account prior to requesting a HP CLI? Requested as soon as I activated card
  • What credit limit did you request and did you get what you requested, or were you countered with a lesser amount? Requested $30K, they gave me a CLI of $9,500 to $25K
  • What was your typical monthly spend on the card? $0 as I had just received card
  • Any other data such as income, utilization and so on is welcome.6 digits, utilization 3%

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish and GB, question for both of you.  Were the cards you two referenced your only Citi cards at the time, or did you have prior history with Citi?  I think this is important because in both of your cases you requested the HP CLIs early on, so if they were your only Citi accounts they were obviously granting those CLIs with much less history as opposed to if you had other, greater aged Citi accounts.  I guess I'm trying to gauge here how much history/relationship impacted those CLIs for the two of you.

Thank you for the data thus far everyone!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Irish and GB, question for both of you.  Were the cards you two referenced your only Citi cards at the time, or did you have prior history with Citi?  I think this is important because in both of your cases you requested the HP CLIs early on, so if they were your only Citi accounts they were obviously granting those CLIs with much less history as opposed to if you had other, greater aged Citi accounts.  I guess I'm trying to gauge here how much history/relationship impacted those CLIs for the two of you.

Thank you for the data thus far everyone!

At the time the AA card was my first and only Citi card.

Message 6 of 8
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

The DC was my first and only Citi card.

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

• What type of Citi card was it?  DC & Dividend
  • What was your SL and had you received a SP CLI prior? 2.7, 1.9, no
  • How long did you have your account prior to requesting a HP CLI? 1 yr, 2.5yr
  • What credit limit did you request and did you get what you requested, or were you countered with a lesser amount? Extra 5k on both, yes
  • What was your typical monthly spend on the card? 300-700
  • Any other data such as income, utilization and so on is welcome.  220k/yr, 0%
  • Same HP used for both 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.