Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to apply for Chase Freedom?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to apply for Chase Freedom?

Hey guys! I need some opinions here so I can start looking forward to it!  

I started my credit journey in May 2014. I got my first credit card by Bank of America for a $700 limit. 

--- 5 and a half months go by--- 

On December 4, 2014, I had an EX score of 726 with only 2-3 inquiries. No baddies so far and my utilization was 2%. After reading that, I went and got a credit limit increase on my BoA card to $2,700, applied and was instantly approved for the Discover It ($1,000 limit), and then was instantly approved for the American Express PRG. 

I am pretty sure those recently new two accounts dinged my AAoA (I'm not sure by how much). 

I held off on apping for the AMEX Everyday today (really wanted to do it for backdating), but I thought to myself I should save the inquiry precisely for Chase in the near future. 

I know Chase is very picky when it comes to new accounts and inquries and likes to see one year of AAoA. So my question now is: When should I go ahead and apply for the Chase Freedom? June 2015? DECEMBER 2015!?  (I also currently do not have any "pre-qualified" offers by Chase)

Thanks guys!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to apply for Chase Freedom?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys! I need some opinions here so I can start looking forward to it!  

I started my credit journey in May 2014. I got my first credit card by Bank of America for a $700 limit. 

--- 5 and a half months go by--- 

On December 4, 2014, I had an EX score of 726 with only 2-3 inquiries. No baddies so far and my utilization was 2%. After reading that, I went and got a credit limit increase on my BoA card to $2,700, applied and was instantly approved for the Discover It ($1,000 limit), and then was instantly approved for the American Express PRG. 

I am pretty sure those recently new two accounts dinged my AAoA (I'm not sure by how much). 

I held off on apping for the AMEX Everyday today (really wanted to do it for backdating), but I thought to myself I should save the inquiry precisely for Chase in the near future. 

I know Chase is very picky when it comes to new accounts and inquries and likes to see one year of AAoA. So my question now is: When should I go ahead and apply for the Chase Freedom? June 2015? DECEMBER 2015!?  (I also currently do not have any "pre-qualified" offers by Chase)

Thanks guys!!!! Smiley Happy

June 2015 at the earliest.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder what my AAoA is at the moment, lol. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder what my AAoA is at the moment, lol. 

3 weeks. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brutal! 

Message 5 of 13
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Check the Chase Pre Qual site first, and then go from there. Pretty solid barometer

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

... I mentioned in my main post that I did not have pre-qualifying suggestions from them. 

I was just wonder when the best time in my situation I should pull the trigger, lol. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... I mentioned in my main post that I did not have pre-qualifying suggestions from them. 

I was just wonder when the best time in my situation I should pull the trigger, lol. 

June 2015.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Nixon. 

Looks like I am gonna hop in the garden and let some water shower over my head for a good few months! Smiley Very Happy

Now... Since I check the Chase pre-qualification site every single day (desperate, I know) and on one day in the mere future, the Freedom decides to pop up........ What shall I do? 

Message 9 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, Nixon. 

Looks like I am gonna hop in the garden and let some water shower over my head for a good few months! Smiley Very Happy

Now... Since I check the Chase pre-qualification site every single day (desperate, I know) and on one day in the mere future, the Freedom decides to pop up........ What shall I do? 

Apply if you want the card and it can benefit you.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.