Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to try Barclays AA again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to try Barclays AA again?

I’ve app’d for the Barclays AA card a few times now and they keep declining due to recent inquiries. My TU has 23 now in last 12 mo. 6 in last 6 mo, with 2/6 being Barclays. No apps since 12/28.

My TU is clean @ 720 with 16% Util.

I’m planning a family trip in June, so could really use the points SUB and 10% points return benefit. Not sure how quickly the SUB will post.

I’m hoping to app again soon, but don’t want to pull the trigger too soon and get another denial. I really don’t care what limit they give me. Thoughts?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to try Barclays AA again?

What airline will you use? Plenty of cards out there.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m Exec Platinum with American, so this card is definitely what I need. My trip to Europe will be with American or American partners that I can transfer points to.
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You're the first person ive seen actively seeking AA from Sir Barclays. Smiley Wink Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried the Citi AA card? They have two versions and I believe the sign up bonus is similar. Downside is the Citi AA has a higher minimum spend.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly no...I have a BK on EQ & EX, so I won’t bother with Citi yet. They taunt me weekly with invitations to apply.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking to get the Barclay AA also but will not apply until after April when Cap One reports to the CRA to get my utilization under 25%.  I also want the Citi Costco card so I will go for that one instead of the Citi AA.  Also at the end of March 4 HPs should fall off my report on TU to knock me down to 6 HPs reported.   Most are car loan apps.  I had a BK13 that it has been 5 1/2 years so I am hoping I'm ok for this card (and the Citi Costco) after April 1st.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bro get the Citi AA for the SUB then PC to the Costco card in year 2. No good SUB for the Costco card.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.