Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which NFCU CC Should I Get?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which NFCU CC Should I Get?

Hello Everyone,

I needed help in choosing my first NFCU credit card. I wanted to get a card that will be easy to get a high credit limit, so I can put all my montly purchases on it and pay it off at the end of the month. My Eq 690  Tran 718 and Exp 720. I have some of my mothers credit info tied into mine on my Eq. I'm working on getting that removed. My score should hopefully jump up around where my others are once that is completed.  I have no negative info and about my credit history is 4.3 years.  Also, I have 3 hard inq on my Eq.  I was thinking of going for the NavCheck as well. Is that a good idea? and what are my chances of approval for both??

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Which NFCU CC Should I Get?

I would go for the CashRewards card and yes get the NavCheck! 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you get to request how much you want with either? Or is it just automatically given?.  At what amount do you have to provide pay check stubs? (just switched jobs dont have 2 stubs yet).

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't ask for any amount  for the credit card and most people ask for $15K on the Navcheck, which is the max.  Whether they want POI is not dependent on any amount but your credit file.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't ask for any amount  for the credit card and most people ask for $15K on the Navcheck, which is the max.  Whether they want POI is not dependent on any amount but your credit file.

+1

Oz

Message 5 of 24
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

If you travel regularly a I suggest the flagship, it's basically a 2% card. If your spend warrants the AF (can justify) it's a great card.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheGardner wrote:

If you travel regularly a I suggest the flagship, it's basically a 2% card. If your spend warrants the AF (can justify) it's a great card.

+1. Love the card though I'm still waiting for my 40,000 bonus points

Message 7 of 24
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Man, I got mine a couple months before the promo! Was mad I didn't wait Smiley Sad

I guess it didn't matter if they STILL haven't given you the spending bonus. Hopefully they get it together for you, soon.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my Cash Rewards card! My scores are well below yours and I was approved for $7K CL.  They're known for generous CL's so I'd base your decision off which card has the best rewards for your lifestyle and what promo's they're running. I signed up when they were running the "spend 3k in your first 90 days and get $200 cash back". I spent that $3k in the first 45 days! Now just waiting! I pay off my balance when the statement cuts, so I'm going to be asking for a CLI soon. I do need to find out if they will do a HP on that request tho, as I can't afford another one. 

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheGardner wrote:

Man, I got mine a couple months before the promo! Was mad I didn't wait Smiley Sad

I guess it didn't matter if they STILL haven't given you the spending bonus. Hopefully they get it together for you, soon.

They said it could be up to 90 days after the 3 month spend period was over.  I met the spend requirement in one statement so potentially I might have to wait 5 months to get the bonus.  Kind of absurd.  

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.