Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which card next?

Hi Everyone! 

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'd been rehabing for a couple years and finally went through an app spree a few months ago and managed to go from 1 card that was a Capital One secured card with a $1000 limit, to the following: 

USAA Classic Plat: Open Jun 2016 - SL $6K > ACLI @6months, and now at $7K 

Chase SW RR: Open March 2017 - SL $8K

Amex BCE: Open April 2017 - SL $8K > 3x CLI at 61 days, and now at $20K (I wanted to keep it round)

Discover IT: Open Jun 2017 - SL $5500K

My score has gone from ~600 when I started rehabing early 2016, and am now @ ~715 currently with all three. I canceled the Cap One after getting the CLI on the Amex, so it's gone. I use all the cards frequently to maximize the rewards, but PIF Monhtly. I got great signup offers from Amex & Discover. I only got the SW card since I travel alot for work, and am only about 10K points away from my companion pass, and then I'll stop using it for anything but travel. 

I'm looking to add another card to the mix to help increase my available credit limit - anyone have suggestions on what would be a good addtion to this mix? 

Thanks for your guidance! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card next?

I would go for a 2% card that covers everything not covered by any special categories by Discover and BCE, something like Citi DC or PenFed Power Cash.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am following. Those are some good CL. I started rehabing my credit exactly a year ago. I was in the 500s when I started though.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover has sign up bonuses?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash Back Match
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.