Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards DON'T pull Experian?

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: Which cards DON'T pull Experian?

@uswala wrote:

As far as I am aware Chase usually pulls EQ, Barclays usually pulls TU. 

Chase has pulled all three for me.  They specifically don't have one CRA they pull from, it's random - verified three times via three different calls. Long story.

Message 11 of 17
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@uswala wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

I hear that chase doesn't like too many inquiries. As far as how many I don't know.

+1

Again, not true in my experience. They keep giving me cards, and I now have 7-10 INQ on each report - all very recent, too.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

@uswala wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

I hear that chase doesn't like too many inquiries. As far as how many I don't know.

+1

Again, not true in my experience. They keep giving me cards, and I now have 7-10 INQ on each report - all very recent, too.

They gave me SWA/CSP with 10 INQ on EX.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase pulled EX for me in VA. They actually double pulled EQ and EX. YMMV though.
Message 14 of 17
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

When I got both my Chase cards, I had high utilization but only 1 inq at the time of each app. My scores were around 700 mark. (No baddies/lates ever.)

Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 15 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I really wish people wouldn't mention Chase in this type of thread, it's totally YMMV with them.

BoA will pull an alternate, but it's only by request so it can't be done online.  As mentioned Barclays usually pulls TU.  You're best off googling creditpulls and searching specifically by your location.

Message 16 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@uswala wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

+1

7-10 inquiries are not considered to be a lot Smiley Tongue

I was OK with Chase till I had over 15 inquiries. Most were over 1 year old, some are about to fall off within the next 2 months, with over 9 falling off by April 2015. The Chase analysts I spoke to didn't care how old or recent those inquiries were. As long as it's on my file, they're holding it against me.

Most banks in general, do not like too many inquiries. 

What is too many? That depends.

For people with thicker credit files, they could have over 20 inquiries and it still won't be an issue. 

For people with limited credit, some may have problems by just having 4 recent inquiries. 

It also depends if you have any derogs on file. If you do, then they're going to be stricter as well.

Lastly, what are those inquiries due to? If the bulk of it are due to auto and mortgage loans, then you should be ok, assuming those inquiries are labelled correctly or you can explain what happened to the analyst. 

Back on topic....

Discover, Ally and Barclays generally do not pull Experian regardless of where you live.

As for other banks, it depends on your geographical location.

You can also check out other smaller banks, credit unions or store cards. Nordstrom for instance pulls EQ.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.