Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards pull a transunion report

tag
accjohn1990
Contributor

Which cards pull a transunion report

I want a new card, but i have too many inquiries on my experian report (55 in 2 years).  My TU report has only 5 though.  What cards pull a TU report?  I currently have paypal extras 9000 wm mc 8000 keybank rewards mc 7500 discover it chrome for students 1700 amex everyday 1000 amex blue 1000 toysrus rewards mc 800.  My TU score is a 732.  Also bonus points if you know if applying for the keybank latitude mc will result in a hard pull.  I havent noticed a pull from my previous application, which was rejected.  Is this because i am a current customer, or have i just overlooked the pull?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which cards pull a transunion report

Depends on the state and the product and the lender.

I get pulled TU for everything but Amex.  But some folks get pulled EQ or EX for the same product by the lender because they live in different states.

In addition, some lenders (store cards) may pull different bureaus based on app in-store or online.

Sounds like you're hunting credit without a purpose -- what TYPE of card do you want?  For what purpose?

Message 2 of 10
accjohn1990
Contributor

I want a card that offers convenience checks.  My income arrives on the 3rd and my rent is due on the 5th.  While i havent had to take a cash advance yet, this is a narrow window and i find myself having to save extra money to pay the rent.  A card with a generous cash advance ratio would be great too.  My discover has $900 cash advance on just a $1700 credit limit

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like a risky route. If you can manage to save enough just to be one month ahead you wouldn't need to pay fees and interest doing this. I'd suggest working out a budget versus relying on credit to cover rent!

Can you cancel cable and internet for 3-4 months to save a month extra of rent?

As for cards, I really don't know who is a TU puller with those features. Hopefully someone else has some ideas.

How'd you get 50+ inquiries on Experian in two years or less? If you have a lot of new accounts it may reduce your approval chances.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@accjohn1990 wrote:

I want a card that offers convenience checks.  My income arrives on the 3rd and my rent is due on the 5th.  While i havent had to take a cash advance yet, this is a narrow window and i find myself having to save extra money to pay the rent.  A card with a generous cash advance ratio would be great too.  My discover has $900 cash advance on just a $1700 credit limit

My advise s try to save an extra months rent. Ideas above to do so are good. Using convenience checks often charge interest from the date you use them. And at higher APR rates. That is going down a bad rabbit hole. But do what you must in an emergency. Are just better ways to give yourself cushion.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes checks in my opinion are a bad idea too many of my friends started out with great intentions of using them but it burned them in the long run with extra interest. 

If you dont mind me asking. Do you own ( ie pay a mortgage ) or rent?  Becuase if you rent you could ask in writing that your landlord change your due date for rent as it puts you in a finanical strain monthly to meet the date. Or similiar action can be taken with a mortgage bank by calling and asking the CSR if they can help you in changing it to mid or late in the month.  This is very common btw.

Anywho, Hope this is helpful!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays pulls TU.

If your income arrives on the 3rd ( once per month?) and rent is due on the 5th you should be ok, no?

Cash advances from credit cards is legalized loan sharking. Don’t do it.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny, the OP didn't ask for opinions and advise. Or whether you approve or disapprove what the OP's goal is.

The OP asked which creditors pull Transunion, in which case one person responded "Barclays".

Hang in there OP others may come forward and "ANSWER" your question.

Message 8 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Funny, the OP didn't ask for opinions and advise. Or whether you approve or disapprove what the OP's goal is.

The OP asked which creditors pull Transunion, in which case one person responded "Barclays".

Hang in there OP others may come forward and "ANSWER" your question.

Considering how this same question was asked and answered just last month I'm amazed people don't use the search function to get their "answers" on here.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Which-cards-use-TU-exclusively/m-p/5107640

Message 9 of 10
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@accjohn1990 wrote:

I want a new card, but i have too many inquiries on my experian report (55 in 2 years).  My TU report has only 5 though.  What cards pull a TU report?  I currently have paypal extras 9000 wm mc 8000 keybank rewards mc 7500 discover it chrome for students 1700 amex everyday 1000 amex blue 1000 toysrus rewards mc 800.  My TU score is a 732.  Also bonus points if you know if applying for the keybank latitude mc will result in a hard pull.  I havent noticed a pull from my previous application, which was rejected.  Is this because i am a current customer, or have i just overlooked the pull?

One trap to be careful of with the "who only pulls XX" game is that they will still do periodic account reviews - not necessarily still from TU.

US Bank has only ever pulled TU for me, but they AR EQ regularly

Barclays is pretty consistently a TU puller, but they've AR'd EX for me

PenFed always pulls EQ, but they AR'd EX

If the INQs are the only difference, it probably wouldn't be an issue, but if you have negatives on one (or more) reports it's possible you could get an account opened only to then be shutdown on an AR.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.