cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards see the easiest CLI growth?

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Re: Which cards see the easiest CLI growth?

@kdm31091 wrote:

For me it has been Discover and Amex.

Capital One is usually pretty good with SP CLI if you actually use the card, in my experience.

Chase and Citi are not as good. Auto CLI with Chase is extremely, extremely rare as is SP. It's usually a HP for literally 500 bucks or so. Citi is a bit more flexible in terms of SP, but they don't do many  auto CLI either.

My experience with Chase Auto CLI has been very different. I have United, CSP, Freedom, Ritz and Ink.

United, CSP and Ink were all Auto CLI after the 6th statement cut. United doubled from 2K to $4k, CSP from $7K to $11K and Ink from $10K to $18K.

Message 21 of 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You must be a rare case -- most people seem to never (or very rarely ) get auto CLI for Chase and it usually isn't that much. Congrats for you though, haha! Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

You must be a rare case -- most people seem to never (or very rarely ) get auto CLI for Chase and it usually isn't that much. Congrats for you though, haha! Smiley Happy

Probbably just depends how much you spend.. Threw 2k through my CSP today.. Plan on putting another 3k or so next month.. Hoping to see some love from Chase as they are getting alot of spend from me.  Over 5500ish in 45ish days so far. on my CSP alone and another 1500 on the freedom in the last two months.  PIF

Spend is no gurantee of a CLI, although it certainly does help to use the cards 

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IWOL wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

For me it has been Discover and Amex.

Capital One is usually pretty good with SP CLI if you actually use the card, in my experience.

Chase and Citi are not as good. Auto CLI with Chase is extremely, extremely rare as is SP. It's usually a HP for literally 500 bucks or so. Citi is a bit more flexible in terms of SP, but they don't do many  auto CLI either.

My experience with Chase Auto CLI has been very different. I have United, CSP, Freedom, Ritz and Ink.

United, CSP and Ink were all Auto CLI after the 6th statement cut. United doubled from 2K to $4k, CSP from $7K to $11K and Ink from $10K to $18K.

Agreed.. I also get CLI from Chase most of the time.

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:
Sams club and lowes by far were the easiest sync cards to get high limits on without having to put much spend at all.

Oh yeah, Lowes. Get a SL of a couple grand, make a phone call and get bumped to $25K!

Message 25 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

The question should be main stream cards or store cards.  Ya Lowes pretty dang easy.. Major CC a bit different obviouslySmiley Happy

Message 26 of 27
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I thought about getting a Lowe's card but I'd hardly use it. Would probably only put a few hundred through it each year.  Actually, it's not the amount that I'd put though it.  I wouldn't want to apply and end up with a small limit. MY JCP and Walmart cards haven't grown much.  My history since receiving those cards is -

Walmart - 8/24/12 - $600. - 11/24/12 - $700. (BD - no - 5/14/13) (BD - no - 9/29/13) (Jan ’14 - Luv Button - no) (5/2/14 - Luv Button - no) (July 6th - no) 11/28/14 - $1400. (Auto)

JC Penny - 9/22/12 - $200. (BD - no - 9/29/13) - 12/15/13 - $400. (Auto) 3/29/14 - $750. (Auto) 10/26/14 - $1350. (Auto)

*BD = Backdoor/EO

I just received a $2K. increase on my Cap 1 Quicksilver card. Did that through the EO. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.