Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit to Apply for first?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit to Apply for first?

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to apply for Jewlery Financing(Kay/Jared or Blue Nile, James Allen possibly) for between 2-3000$ and Tire/ Automotive Service Financing (Firestone, Discount Tire Direct,) 1000$ in the next 4 weeks and Im just wondering which I should apply for first and if its possible I'll get approved for both for what im looking for..

Credit Report Overview

Current Scores are in my signature.

-I currently just paid off a CO which showed up as paid on EX today but not the other two (Hence the 655 score in my Signature) assuming the other two will follow to be 654-657 range byt he end of this week.

-My credit util will be 1 or 2% this week after my Credit one card shows a balance of 20$ out of 500$ possibly bumping me another 3-5 points on the scores?

-I have 3 Inquiries this year. One for an Apartment(Sep 2014), one for AT&T(February 2014) and one for Credit One(May 2014).

-I have 800 Left to pay Chase on a closed account but not showing as a CO.

-4 negatives on my CR - 4 closed accounts that are paid in full except Chase as mentioned above, in the past with 30 / 60 / 90 day lates.

-0 Collections Ever 0 Bk or anything bad like that.

Any suggestions or insights are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Which credit to Apply for first?

Why not pay chase off before apping for anything? The interest rates will not be 0%, I would head over to the rebuilding forum! and ask LOTS of questions about good wills, etc, to get that stuff off your report.

You don't want to add high interest debt, you'd be better off with secured card from credit union (or secured installment loan, earn interest with very low interest rate).

I wouldn't apply for store financing that you can't pay off in 60 days. Just my experience.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Why not pay chase off before apping for anything? The interest rates will not be 0%, I would head over to the rebuilding forum! and ask LOTS of questions about good wills, etc, to get that stuff off your report.

You don't want to add high interest debt, you'd be better off with secured card from credit union (or secured installment loan, earn interest with very low interest rate).

I wouldn't apply for store financing that you can't pay off in 60 days. Just my experience.

I would, and I could probably wait until the end of December for the Auto Financing ( Need snow tires and Alignment.) But im looking to finance a ring instead of paying in cash. If it was something personal or just looking for credit I would definitely wait but they are more for needs than wants lol

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

both kay and firestone are SUPER easy... like firestone i don't think declines!

apply to kay first.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been reading about this on the forums how they are both pretty easy approvals but i just wanted clarify since Id like to get both. I also think that all three scores will be 660ish when I do apply in a few weeks.

@Creditaddict wrote:

both kay and firestone are SUPER easy... like firestone i don't think declines!

apply to kay first.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.