cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which gas cards are the easiest (and hardest) to get?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which gas cards are the easiest (and hardest) to get?

I currently have 76 (a Synchrony card) and Sinclair (which I think is in-house). I have heard that Citi cards (such as Shell and ExxonMobil) are harder to obtain. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which gas cards are the easiest (and hardest) to get?

IMO, i would not bother on getting anymore gas cards. There are better cards out there for that.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I concur with your statement that Synchrony cards are easier than Citi.  At least that has been my experience.

Message 3 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I concur with your statement that Synchrony cards are easier than Citi.  At least that has been my experience.

Ditto

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the Ducks Unlimited card is anything like the NRA card (virtually the same card by the same issuer), having 3 hard inquiries will get you denied for too many inquiries. Calling recon didn't help me, and 2 of those inquiries were from the same institution and should have been a single inquiry: Nusenda CU generated a hard pull for my membership application and a separate one for a CC application, but even they agreed it should have been just one and had one of them removed. Unfortunately I called FNBO before it was removed, and they said they'd need to pull my credit a second time to reconsider! Even with 2 of 3 pulls from the same place that should have been a single pull, they still denied me.
Message 5 of 9
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Hey guys. I was looking into gas cards and as you know plenti will be gone soon, however the program for exxon/mobil will give 5c and I looked into the exxon credit card, it gives 6c so pretty much you'll save 11c per gallon, thats crazy!

Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Hey guys. I was looking into gas cards and as you know plenti will be gone soon, however the program for exxon/mobil will give 5c and I looked into the exxon credit card, it gives 6c so pretty much you'll save 11c per gallon, thats crazy!

The Plenti program will be discontinued with all partnerships on 7/10/18.  This includes ExxonMobil.

Message 7 of 9
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

So the Exxon/Mobil discounts can be stacked?

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 8 of 9
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

What I'm saying is you get 6c on the Exxon credit card, and since you will use the plenti card along with the exxon, it's 11c. After plenti program ends, Exxon will give 5c.

Read here - Exxon.com/plenti
In my email, I got this "After the Plenti program ends, any unused points will be matched by Exxon and Mobil in our new rewards program."

Here’s a parting gift: | Earn 5x points on fuel. Earn 5x points on fuel automatically when you swipe your Plenti card at the pump.That’s like 5¢ per gallon.

I was looking at a thread back in 08' they was doing a 30c for 6 months or so and 15c thereafter. Crazy, back in the old days things were so much easier.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.