Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

0 Kudos

Why is Barclay such a pain

So this all started about 2 weeks ago.  I wanted to finance a MacBook so applied for the apple card with Barclay. When I hit send I got I got a message saying they were unable to approve and they would send a letter. The next week I get the letter saying they need to verify me please send in a copy of your drivers license ss card and a bank statement or utility bill. No upload or email has to be sent via us mail. 

I'm thinking wow this is a pita but ok I will do this and sent in the copies. I get a call this morning and the lady said they can't accept the banks statement since it's from one of my fidelity accounts has to either be a utility bill or a different bank. At least they gave me a fax number this time but I just don't get why this is happening I've never had to do all this before I've had then same address now for 4 years it's listed on my valid drivers license I had already sent them.  Anyone else ever had this happen? If I get denied after all this I am going to be bummed. 

Senior Contributor

Re: Why is Barclay such a pain

Because they are Barclays. No other reason.
AMEX BCP $9000- DCU Platinum $10000- PenFed Power $11000- Chase FU $11700- AMEX EDP $15000- NFCU CLOC $15000- Chase CSP $18900- Penfed Promise $25000- NFCU Go Rewards $27100- Venture $27750 **As of 8/14/17** EX- 748(22) TU- 756(19) EQ- 728(14) UTI 12%- Clean Files-
New Contributor

donny10 wrote:

Are they that bad?  I have not had any issues with over the past 2 years I have had a card with them.  They have even given me a CLI without me asking.

Equifax - 644
TransUnion - 641
Experian - 639
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

VoltaicShock wrote:

donny10 wrote:

Are they that bad?  I have not had any issues with over the past 2 years I have had a card with them.  They have even given me a CLI without me asking.

It's just my opinion. I had the ring card and the cashforward card and never had a problem with them either to be quite honest.

But after reading about how they AA people, I figured it would only be a matter of time that they would AA me. So I closed them before they had the chance to inflict AA on me.

In all fairness, If you are happy with them, I suggest that you keep them. 

AMEX BCP $9000- DCU Platinum $10000- PenFed Power $11000- Chase FU $11700- AMEX EDP $15000- NFCU CLOC $15000- Chase CSP $18900- Penfed Promise $25000- NFCU Go Rewards $27100- Venture $27750 **As of 8/14/17** EX- 748(22) TU- 756(19) EQ- 728(14) UTI 12%- Clean Files-
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Sahakiap22 wrote:

So this all started about 2 weeks ago.  I wanted to finance a MacBook so applied for the apple card with Barclay. When I hit send I got I got a message saying they were unable to approve and they would send a letter. The next week I get the letter saying they need to verify me please send in a copy of your drivers license ss card and a bank statement or utility bill. No upload or email has to be sent via us mail. 

I'm thinking wow this is a pita but ok I will do this and sent in the copies. I get a call this morning and the lady said they can't accept the banks statement since it's from one of my fidelity accounts has to either be a utility bill or a different bank. At least they gave me a fax number this time but I just don't get why this is happening I've never had to do all this before I've had then same address now for 4 years it's listed on my valid drivers license I had already sent them.  Anyone else ever had this happen? If I get denied after all this I am going to be bummed. 

Had the Ring at the time when I app'ed for an Arrival +.  Jumped thru same hoops: DL, SS and utility via registered mail.  Took them two weeks to get to my info (into it three weeks now), couldn't get an answer.  Then they asked me to reverify!  Told verification dept to withdraw my app - frustrated beyond belief!  In the meantime, picked up BOA TR and Disco Miles.  Six weeks later, app'ed for NFL card, instant approval.  Never a cli on either card (haven't asked either), and no problems/issues with my two cards.  They really are unpredictable.  Now receiving mailers for the Arrival+, and the Ring.  Aah, the irony!

Am EX | Barclay | BOA | Citi | Discover | USB | Current: EQ 734 TU 729 EX 745 300K Club
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

Im sorry but I dont see what the issue here is.  In this age of identity theft and credit fraud, Barclays asks you to verify your identity for your protection and theirs. They ask you to send in  copy of a bank statement or a utility bill and you dont. You send in a brokerge statement instead and they ask you to resend and you get upset.??? 

This is your fault for simply not following easy to understnd instructions.  Identity verification is very common these days accross all lenders.

3/16 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671. One baddie left falls off starting 11/17.
>8/17 CCT EX 732 TU 726 EQ 710
0 Kudos

i think its ridiculous that my fidelity statement was not sufficient.  or that i couldnt send a copy of m y 2016 w2 that also has my ssn and address on it.  i have never had to do this for any card before and if this doesnt work then im going to tell them to go pound sand i dont need the stupid apple card anyway.  

Established Contributor

".......or that i couldnt send a copy of m y 2016 w2 that also has my ssn and address on it."

You can go down to any office supply house and buy blank W2s or 1099s and print your own

3/16 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671. One baddie left falls off starting 11/17.
>8/17 CCT EX 732 TU 726 EQ 710
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

VoltaicShock wrote:

donny10 wrote:

+1 They have even given me a CLI also without me asking. I got my card approved on 11/23/2016

I also had to send the same docs to another bank for a credit card to get approved I sent them by fax then they said that wasn't good enough I had to send them by a png file and i had never send anything by a png file but After I sent in all docs I got approved 3 days later.

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Im counting the numbers of days to close Barclay .Dec 2017

Pain is not the right word.cannot post it here.lol

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.