cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Chase Freedom Unlimited Card application pending?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is my Chase Freedom Unlimited Card application pending?

Hey all!

I just applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card a few minutes ago and it says its pending. I know it could be a number of reasons.

I only have one Wells Fargo College Credit Card with a $1200 CL. and I've had it since March 2016, so just a little over a year.

My Scores: TU: 676, EF: 662.

According to Credit Karma, I had a "Very Good" chance of approval from applying to the Chase Freedom Unlimited. 

Please help me shed some light on my situation Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Re: Why is my Chase Freedom Unlimited Card application pending?

U have whats called a thin file someone i know same situation as u applied for a chase card and denied reason Not enough accounts opened long enough to establish a credit history. So don't be upset if denied.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all!

I just applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card a few minutes ago and it says its pending. I know it could be a number of reasons.

I only have one Wells Fargo College Credit Card with a $1200 CL. and I've had it since March 2016, so just a little over a year.

According to Credit Karma, I had a "Very Good" chance of approval from applying to the Chase Freedom Unlimited. 

Credit Karma approval odds are just as bad as depending on the scores they give you.

Are those credit karma scores? If so, forget them and find out what your FICO scores are.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all!

Credit Karma approval odds are just as bad as depending on the scores they give you.

Are those credit karma scores? If so, forget them and find out what your FICO scores are.

+1

Message 4 of 6
thummel
Established Contributor

I laugh a little when people say "credit karma said my odds were Good". They literally do not mean a thing at all. Call the automated status line and see what it says. If it says you will hear from them in two weeks or thirty days it's a good sign. If they say seven to ten days it's most likely a denial. Best of luck. You can always recon and plead your case to lending if you are denied.
Message 5 of 6
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all!

+1

+2

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.