cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Capital One give me 2 cards with 1 HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Capital One give me 2 cards with 1 HP?

Hello all! I applied for the Capital One Spark Cash for business on Friday and was approved. If I were to apply for the QS, would C1 do another HP or use the HP from the Spark I was approved for? Would I have to call in to apply for the QS in that case?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Will Capital One give me 2 cards with 1 HP?

Generally, 1 card per 6 months now.

They may not apply to 1 business and 1 personal though.

I would assume more pulls.

YMMV.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So are you saying Capital One allows you to apply once every 6 months for their cards?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So are you saying Capital One allows you to apply once every 6 months for their cards?

Yes and there are numerous data points that put it at exactly 6 calendar months.  So if you apply for a card on October 17th, the next time you can apply is April 17th.

Not sure about personal/business though.  Would be nice to get data points on any approvals there!

Message 4 of 8
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

NO

Even though it's a business card, it's still a card under your name, in their little world...lol

i was denied for a Venture earlier this year because of my Spark approval in February 2017

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'll wait a few months before applying for the QS. Don't want to risk a HP and no approval. Thanks for the help everyone!
Message 6 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The question's already been answered, but semantics.. shouldn't it be 2 cards for 3 HPs?

(Or does CapOne only pull one bureau rather than three for business accounts?)

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you like the state farm visa
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.