cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be next in the AMEX 4506-T Black Hole?

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Will I be next in the AMEX 4506-T Black Hole?

I was calling them everyday after 48 hours passed and then let up when I saw the status change on the LOC page.  Then after a few days started in on them again since the previous move to 50K only took a week total and they were going on 1.5.

Anyway.... $700 was due to lack of spend to qualify for moving up to 150K.  They kept mentioning the use of maybe $2K during the previous couple of months.  Kept asking if I had something in mind to use that 150K limit on.  Meanwhile I'm sitting here thinking why would AMEX want someone to spend 100K if they know the pattern is to keep it minimal and PIF.  

Anyway.... besides submitting the form, pestering the frontline agents about 10-15 times during the period, speaking with a low level UW about the request, and waiting an additional week for them to do something the result was a piddly $700.

Now, if you swipe the stripe off the card with use I would think the sky is the limit with the card.  I was just trying to see how they actually follow the 3X rule and since going from 10 -> 30K -> 50K was easy and didn't require much more than a 4506 to go to 50.... WTH why not try and see what they actually do.

Message 21 of 27
krielly
Established Contributor

UPDATE - Re: Will I be next in the AMEX 4506-T Black Hole?

UPDATE:

OMG success (at least partially). I just called the 800-576-8942 for a status update. Without asking, I was told that my income HAD been verified, but that they could not approve me for the full requested amount of 100K (no big surprise there, but I was going for the gold, lol). He said they HAD however approved me for a CLI from my current 34K to a new limit of 56.2K. So apparently they DO counter. He also stated it would take a few days to see the increase online on my account.

Ok, I'll take it :) :)

UPDATE to the UPDATE -

A different woman just called me from Amex. She stated she was "processing" my CLI request. She stated that because my CLI was income approved to an amount over 50K, she was going to have to run it by a supervisor. She said they would want to know why I wanted this increase, as my highest monthly utilization to date was $1400. I told her that I am very careful with my utilization and that I wish to ensure that if I want to use it more, I am staying at a very low utilization. I also told her that I recently added my husband as an AU, so I want to ensure that with his added use (I actually have no idea if he'll use it or not, lol) I have a larger "buffer". She said that she will submit it to her supervisor for the full amount. so..........we shall see what happens in the next 24-48 hours she said it will take to fully process.

Could gain some interesting data points here, I guess. Stay tuned Smiley Happy

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 22 of 27
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATE - Re: Will I be next in the AMEX 4506-T Black Hole?

Interesting but not surprising you're getting different answers from different people.  56.2K seems a little odd of a number to just throw out there on a status check to not be approved for that amount instead of UW pushing for the full 100K on a $1400/mo spend.  I got dinged from not spending enough to quantify my request to get countered with an addition of $700.  

Should be an interesting outcome once the SR UW reviews your file and processes it with their decision.  When I talked to them it didn't sound like my request was that outlandish but then the results they came back with were a curveball to say the least.

Message 23 of 27
krielly
Established Contributor

Just reread my post. I wasn't very clear. When I called for a status I was told the 56.2k figure and it was implied that was based on my income which they had verified. When a rep called ME she also stated the same amount he had given me as being the counter
But said she was only authorized to approve up to 50K before getting permission from a supervisor. When I say she was submitting the full amount to a supervisor, I meant the full amount of the counter, not the original 100K (which I never expected to see in reality). I told her I'd be fine with accepting the 50K she COULD approve if the full 56.2k was not approved.

I just logged onto my account and see my CL is now reported as 50k. I assume this is the final amount awarded.

Honestly shocked and fully satisfied with this amount. Surprised to get it with my account only 17 mos old and my low monthly spend which is typically 200-400 and PIF. The odd dollar amount didn't surprise me, my starting limit was 11.2K or 11.4k. i can't remember exactly.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 24 of 27
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Oh,  that clears it up more.  $50K is kind of where I thought there was a bit of a ceiling when it comes to rubber stamping things if they look fine on the 4506.  We have about the same spend profile as well when it comes down to it as well.  If you're going to jump through the hoops though yes, then you shoot for the moon and wait to see what they'll do.  

Congrats on your AMEX funny money Smiley Happy  I would advise to check your CL again in a week to see if they have a memory lapse and give you the full $56K.

Message 25 of 27
krielly
Established Contributor

Got the notification by mail this past weekend from Amex. 50K it is. I'm ok with that Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 27
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@krielly wrote:

Got the notification by mail this past weekend from Amex. 50K it is. I'm ok with that Smiley Happy

Congratulations on the increase. Smiley Wink

I can't thank you enough for starting this thread. And, of course, a giant thank you to everyone who contributed.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and complete the 4506-T, and heard nothing. Then I found this thread and went back to re-do it correctly. Within days, I saw my increase, as requested.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.