cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for the Capital One Student and Playstation card at the same time?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I get approved for the Capital One Student and Playstation card at the same time?

A list of my stats:

Current EX Fico: 705

Utl: 31%

7 inquiries on my EX report

TU FAKO: 703

7 INQ on TU

EQ FAKO: 717

5 INQ on EQ

AAoA: 1yr 1 month

Student Loan: 2K deferred <<<< 10 months old

Next EX Fico should be released within a week so I might wait until than because my fiance added me onto her new Venture card which has a 3k limit, I also just got a CLI with Cap One from $2300 to $4300, and my total debt on both my cards is around $550 now. Oh forgot to mention my other card is a discover it chrome card with a $750 limit which brings my total CL on my cards up to $5k once the new report comes out. I am a Student and only have 12K income but I strongly believe i can get both of these cards at once. If you have any tips please feel free to shoot me them here thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I get approved for the Capital One Student and Playstation card at the same time?

I think you'll be approved no problem. I was approved for the Cap1 Journey card when my scores were in the mid-600's and all I had at the time of app was 2 store cards for 9 months. I also had 2 collections and several lates showing when I applied. I was instantly approved for 1k, then after credit steps completed they auto increased me to 5k. Definitely give it a shot. As far as the Playstation card, I have no experience with that one, but try for the Journey first and if instantly approved then immediately after go for the Playstation card.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I get approved for the Capital One Student and Playstation card at the same time?

Thanks for the response! I'm going to try once my new Fico score pushes through so my utl is very low. I'll be sure to let you know my new stats once they come out and if I'm approved. Until than though I had one other question for you and other members. Whats the usual SL for the Journey card? I know for most college kids it's around 300-500 but since I have some established credit history with a fairly high CL I think I should start off with at least 1k on both cards. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why screw around with the Journey card?

Just get yourself both the Venture and Quicksilver and call it a day.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My reasoning for applying for the Venture/Prime cards is because I'm afriad of being denied. I don't want to waste 3 hard pulls on a denial. 

At least with the student cards I have a guaranteed approval. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My reasoning for applying for the Venture/Prime cards is because I'm afriad of being denied. I don't want to waste 3 hard pulls on a denial. 

At least with the student cards I have a guaranteed approval. 

Don't be afraid to pull the trigger.  I made the same mistake before and ended up with a silly Platinum card when I could have gotten the Quicksilver.

Apply for the Venture first, if approved, app for the Quicksilver.   If denied go for the Journey...you have a high chance of getting only 1 set of pulls.

Just 2 days ago, I applied for Venture then Quicksilver.  I ended up with 4 pulls... 2 on TU, 1 on EQ, 1 on EX.  But came out with $30K of additional credit.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why screw around with the Journey card?

Just get yourself both the Venture and Quicksilver and call it a day.

But his income is very low because he's a student (12k) so he might run into a problem getting the Venture since the min. SL is 5k

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what JustMe3 said! 

I don't have a very high income job since I am a Student so even with my good score it would be a 50/50 chance at best :/

Heck I even think right now my available credit is pretty generous considering my income. It's better to be safe than sorry and apply for the Journey card and maybe PC it later to something else if Cap One lets me Smiley Very Happy 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Mom's income is fixed income $10K a year and she still got a $10K Venture.

Venture and QS approvals right now are downright silly.  I suspect one day Cap1 will wake up but that has not yet happened as of 2 days ago Smiley Happy

As for safer than sorry, if you are denied for Venture, you can still app for Journey with a high chance of only 1 set of pulls.  Just do them back to back.

Venture Approval go to Quicksilver

Venture Denial go to Journey

Nothing in life is guaranteed but higher credit lines to jumpstart your credit history is worth 3 inquiries in my opinion.  What else are you going to do with those inquiries in the next 2 years... by the time you're 21, those inquiries will be a distant memory.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My Mom's income is fixed income $10K a year and she still got a $10K Venture.

Venture and QS approvals right now are downright silly.  I suspect one day Cap1 will wake up but that has not yet happened as of 2 days ago Smiley Happy

Smiley Surprised

Okay, that's awesome. If that's the case, OP maybe it might be worth trying for the Venture first. If no, then go for the Journey.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.