cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will apping for a Discover Card end in failure?

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Will apping for a Discover Card end in failure?

Quick info.  I have only 1 baddie on my files, a 6+ year old chargeoff ($900 SmsClub)  Util 3% AAoA 4.5 years. 30 open accounts atm mostly store cards

Today I pull my montly free Discover Fico score and invited to prequlify for a Discover Personal Loan ( no links for any of their credit cards )

Being that this was a SP I requested $2500 ( the min ) for 36 months ( the fastest repay )

I was denied with the following reasons

Thank you for your recent request for a Discover Personal Loan. After careful consideration, we are unable to approve your request at this time for the following reason(s):

CHARGE-OFF

Type of credit score FICO
Your credit score 725
Date July 6, 2017
Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850
Key factors that affected your credit score were as follows:
Key Factor 1 SERIOUS DELINQUENCY 
Key Factor 2 LENGTH OF TIME ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED 
Key Factor 3 % OF BALANCE TO CREDIT LIMIT TOO HIGH ON REVOLVING ACCOUNTS 
Key Factor 4 PROPORTION OF LOAN BALANCES TO LOAN AMOUNTS IS TOO HIGH

My oldest account is 11 years with AAoA 4.5 years

Im at 3% TCL but there are 2 accounts that have been recently PIF and havnt reported yet. Reported TBal - about $2800

The loan they are talking about is my current mortgage in which im in year 9 of a 30 year loan

My question is, given this response is it pointless to apply for a Disco card until the CO falls off ( November if Disco pulls TU again)

Again, the CO is my only baddie

Thanks for an insight

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Will apping for a Discover Card end in failure?

Im not sure .im guessing a loan through Discover might be harder to get than the card, but thats judt me guessing. I dont even think i mske enough to even spply lol. As for the card, sometimes you just have shoot and see if you hit the rim, bank it, swish it ir air ball it. How many of us took like a bijillion shots to get in. Some do get in with bks reporting, i did, while others have actually burned Disco and still get in. My best prediction for Discover can only be topped by a Magic 8 BallSmiley Wink.Best of luck if you go for itSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will apping for a Discover Card end in failure?

I agree pretty sure an unsecured loan is much more difficult. I think with your score you'd get a card. Unsure of the limit.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.