cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the last customer leaving Wells Fargo please ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will the last customer leaving Wells Fargo please ...

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

Well personally, WF's "phony account scandal" would have had me leaving them months ago, which is way more catastrosphic, IMHO, than asking for a paystub or two.

They've been off my own list of potential CC sources ever since I heard about that. It's really rather sad, when you think of it, to see one of the most storied names in American banking come to such a pass.

It really is and after being in business some 160 years.

In fact, Wells Fargo is part of the American national myth - the Pony Express (for which WF was the agent), WF stagecoaches and banks in Western towns, and so on and so forth.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I literally JUST joined WF mostly because I like to go opposite of everyone else.  I figure if the masses hate something, there's a reason to look deeper.

Going to the branches is nice, much nicer than Chase actually.  Their checking and savings accounts suck majorly -- no interest on savings, and checking requires a $1500 minimum daily average balance to prevent fees, but that's not a huge concern other than $1500 sitting NOT earning interest somewhere.

The reason for me joining WF is because they offer one of the largest SL for a deposit secured cards -- up to $10,000 supposedly.  That may help "prybar" future approvals with large CLs and I'm hoping to give the card a try in July or August when my AAoA allows it without major penalty.

Of course, there's an annual fee and no rewards, so it'll be SD but I do want a high limit card for those rare occasions when I do want to charge something higher than my $3000 Capital One secured limit allows (I have a $4300 vacation to pay for in September and another one in November around $6000).  I'll PIF it and try to get a personal banker to PC me to a rewards secured card (a few people have gotten this) so I'll get something for the charges.

I also heard from 3 different bankers that WF does low credit score auto loans for people.  I don't need or want a car, but if I ever do it's nice to know they're offering a wider FICO range for approvals there. 

Message 12 of 16
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

As I recall it was around 20 years ago that a large midwestern bank, from MN I think, bought out the mostly regional western Wells Fargo that their whole corporate climate changed for the worst. I started with them in Las Vegas and they installed these huge plexiglas bullet proof barrier in front of the tellers. I felt like I was visiting an inmate in prison. Vegas has more than its share of scammers & con artists, but not a higher rate of armed robbery than anywhere else.

I was originally with Norwest before they bought WF and took their name, and love the local branches, but I despise the corporate WF.  

Most likely I'll be switching my banking over to NFCU and PenFed.  I don't need to visit a branch office often enough to make it worth paying all those stupid greedy bank fees.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like they made a wise decision as you were just going to churn and burn.  Not that there is anything wrong with that but I have 167 shares of Wells Fargo stock and they seem to be doing Ok. Doesn't seem unreasonable to send in two pay stubs.  I have never been asked but if someone did I wouldn't have any issues doing so. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went in a wells Fargo once. I tried to cash a check written from there because it was closer than my bank. Because I didn't have an account there they want 5.95 to cash it. It was a 5 dollar check from a garage sale. I walked the extra block to my bank and have not been in a wells Fargo since.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hehe. I hear you. And that was funny that they get your direct deposits and demand pay stubs. Lol.

I also joined wellsfargo recently and i rate them way better than USBANK any day when it comes to application, approval process, honoring bonus offers and customer service. My experience with us bank has been horrible.

So i opened their everyday checking for 200$ bonus and  also approved for their cashwise for 200$ bonus. The approval process was similar to yours only without any request for pay stubs. I googled and found out the same day that their automated phone number tells the app status and if you want to talk to someone immediately transfers you and wait times are 0 compared to USBANK (which makes you wait and wait ).

wells fargo customer service reps are pretty good too, courteous and helpful. And they do process requests pretty quickly.

So i had to fax in my ssn copy and i was approved the same day without having to follow up,  for 1500$ only but that serves my purpose. May be they are aproving you for way bigger limit thats why the paystubs request?  My cl request was not approved because too many new accounts etc which i understand.

I received my card yesterday and i already met the spend for bonus. I guess if i had to send 2 paystubs to receive 200$ sign up bonus , i would do it. Its annoying but hey its 200$ bonusSmiley Happy). Whatever you decide to do make sure you profit somehow and yes, some times the profit can be our peace of mind by ending our relationship with complicated banks Smiley Wink

Oops i just now saw that this post is from May2017. Lol. For somereason i thought its a new post ,that means you must have moved on from Wellsfargo few months ago

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.