cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WooHoo Discover IT! and Couple more cards Finally!

tag
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: WooHoo Discover IT! and Couple more cards Finally!

congrats

Message 11 of 16
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@millworx wrote:

So after getting a pre-approval for Citi Diamond Preferred for $5500 the other day, I decided to pull my scores, EX: 720, EQ:712, TU: 652

So I figured since I've been gardening for the past 10 months I might as well app a couple times see what I can get.

Started by calling my CU and requesting a CLI of $2500 (currently was $1000)... 1 hour later, approved!

Then checked the card offers on Discover, and based on a soft pull it recommended the IT card... before I was never getting recommendations! So I apped, and got the 5-7 business days stuff. Went to dinner and called them when I got back, (as I was on the phone with them another rep called me from there haha) Anyways, rep just asked me about my job then asked why I wanted the card.... Approved $2500 limit!

I also always wanted the total rewards visa as I play poker almost everyday, and go to Reno and Vegas a lot but never got the pre-approved app before. But logged in today and bam pre-approved with a soft pull only with a $5000 limit!

Went to sportsman guide as well since I was never getting a popup there before, and got the popup for the visa card there as well. No idea what the limit is hopefully it will be at least $2500.

Well from the high 400s FICO 9~10 months ago and now this is where I am today! My app spree is over. Back to the garden... 6 credit cards and one auto loan did the trick in improvement, hopefully the sock drawer rotation with the additional cards will help more!

Congrats on your success Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 16
millworx

Wow GE and Comenity report fast! It's only been 3 days and they all hit my credit report already! I don't even have the cards yet....

But at least I know what my sportsman guide visa limit is now.... $8000! My highest limit yet!

Message 13 of 16
ElDoctor
Valued Member

What's the exact relationship between getting that Visa and playing poker? Smiley Happy

Amex BCE - $30,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $12,000
Chase Freedom - $1,000
Message 14 of 16
ryllz75
Established Member

congrats on the great run!!  i too play poker and go to vegas a lot.. im in SoCal..  I also just got the total rewards card last week!!  Again congrats on the new cards and good luck at the tables!!  Smiley Happy

- 4/20/14 - Start to credit comeback - TU 630 - 1 Judgment and 5 baddies / EX 609 - 1 Judgment and 1 baddy / EQ 647 - 1 Judgment and 1 baddy
- 6/9/14 - TU 763 (6/20/14) Clean Report! / EX - 703 Clean Report! / EQ - 695 Old Judgment still hanging around
- 6/11/14 - Entered the Garden. Stay until 12/1/14... AOR 11 CC since April 29 with $92k in New CL
Message 15 of 16
millworx

Ahh the poker question. I play a whole lot of tournaments, mostly local here in the bay area. So far I've won about 30k in tournaments this year. I like the total rewards visa and always wanted it since I do go to reno/vegas and visit harrah's properties quite a bit so I figured it would be a win win for me to have that card.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.