Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth a recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worth a recon?

Hey guys.
I apped for CSP and ritz and was approved for ritz but denied csp for the following reasons:
They just gave me 5k in credit
Too many new accounts

Do you think I should try to recon and get my inquiry's worth or just let it go?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Worth a recon?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey guys.
I apped for CSP and ritz and was approved for ritz but denied csp for the following reasons:
Too many new accounts

Do you think I should try to recon and get my inquiry's worth or just let it go?

Sure you should recon.  What do you have to lose.?  Let us know what happens.  Sadly now you have to wait until tomorrow.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely recon. -- Offer to split CL to $2,500/$2,500 if you've hit your exposure limit.

Message 3 of 11
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Never hurts to try. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nixon, they're bith visa sig so that's not an option. Thanks though. I've already reconned once and they gave me the same reasons. I'm hoping to get a good analyst on Monday
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Nixon, they're bith visa sig so that's not an option. Thanks though. I've already reconned once and they gave me the same reasons. I'm hoping to get a good analyst on Monday

It's wouldn't say it's not an option. -- Try it.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did Smiley Happy they said minimum CL is 5k so it wasn't an option.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I did Smiley Happy they said minimum CL is 5k so it wasn't an option.

Lame.

Message 8 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sometimes it makes since to recon.  Their are more cons than pros for OP to overcome in this situation.

• low to no aaoa
  • recent inqs
  • recent approval on a thin file with lender
  • no experience with high CLs 
Message 9 of 11
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey guys.
Too many new accounts

which one did you apply first ?

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.